The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I really don't know why you are posting this problem here when you are so determined to believe you are in the right.

If its so then why bother asking other peoples opinions.

I'm just saying knowing nothing of the facts surrounding it and just by your comments that you are the one that appears amazingly jealous. I absolutely despise one of my exes best friends but throughout the whole time we were together I didn't let that show because I would have been the one that looked bad.

He really isn't going to dump his friend for you and the sooner you realise this and get over the hatred of his mate then the stronger your relationship will be. Noones saying you have to love his friend or even like him but tolerating him would be a start.

Perhaps the reason you won't say that you are jealous is because you don't want to admit it to yourself. Otherwise why do you get so upset that your boyfriend wants to spend time with his friend.

" don't think it's much to ask for him to not cancel on me for some loser."

this pretty much sums up your attitude and I think that if you don't get over it you will certainly lose your boyfriend. But by all means don't listen to rational impartial advice, instead go on the way you are going but just don't moan about it on here when everything continues to go wrong.
Reply 21
Anonymous
ALso blokes do have sleepovers you are the one that sounds incredibly jealous.

Oh come on, blokes don't have sleepovers. How old do you think he is, 12?
trigger
no you "fake engaged" :rolleyes: whaT ARE YOU 12?

Always with the well thought out posts, eh trigger?
Reply 22
I am listening to your advice, thankyou for helping me. If I come across as jealous, well that's wrong, so of course I'm going to change my behaviour. If it helps, my bf doesn't think I'm jealous.

If a friend of mine was disrespectful to my bf, I would tell them to apologise or stop being their friend. If it was just his random mate, I wouldn't be so arsed, but my bf is claiming it's his best friend. My best friends get on amazingly well with my boyfriend, they made such an effort (he's very shy) and I tried to make a huge effort but this guy ignored me, and my boyfriend even agrees with that. I just can't understand men.

Edit: he's 21 by the way... can you see my utter confusion now?
Reply 23
JonnyB

Not in the ooh lets get into our PJs and share a bed and watch movies sense but in the lets get really drunk and crash at mine on the floor because we are too drunk to go home, or the lets play on the play station for beer for multiple hours and then its too late to go home sense they do. Or at least most of my bloke mates do unless they are all just in the closet :wink:
Reply 24
Anonymous
I am listening to your advice, thankyou for helping me. If I come across as jealous, well that's wrong, so of course I'm going to change my behaviour. If it helps, my bf doesn't think I'm jealous.

If a friend of mine was disrespectful to my bf, I would tell them to apologise or stop being their friend. If it was just his random mate, I wouldn't be so arsed, but my bf is claiming it's his best friend. My best friends get on amazingly well with my boyfriend, they made such an effort (he's very shy) and I tried to make a huge effort but this guy ignored me, and my boyfriend even agrees with that. I just can't understand men.

Edit: he's 21 by the way... can you see my utter confusion now?

He probably feels threatened by you especially if he is pretty close to your boyf.

You need to help that though by not getting antagonistic and making a super effort with him even if you do secretely hate him. If you make a huge song and dance and let your boyf know you hate him your boyf will side with him. Girlfs come and go but mates are there forever and all that. But if you say to him do whatever you want and don't point out that his mate is a **** he will realise this on his own and then he'll want to be with you and talk to his mate.

Yes its annoying that you should have to put up with it and make all the effort but it beats your boyf just thinking you are jealous. If you act super mature about it, it will just serve to make his mate look immature.
Reply 25
JonnyB

Always with the well thought out posts, eh trigger?
lol just because i accidently hit caps lock doesnt make it unthoughtout :rolleyes: but im sorry engaged to be engaged what is the point? why dont you either just get engaged and have a long one or stop farting about
Reply 26
trigger
lol just because i accidently hit caps lock doesnt make it unthoughtout :rolleyes: but im sorry engaged to be engaged what is the point? why dont you either just get engaged and have a long one or stop farting about

Both his and my parents have made it clear (before we started going out) that they would not be happy if we got engaged before 25. He wants to be secretly engaged but I'm not happy with sneaking around so this is a compromise. Maybe it sounds sad but we're happy with that arrangement.

Anonymous - serious thankyous for your help, hopefully my boyfriend will come to his senses eventually, in the meantime I'll learn how to deal I guess!

Edit: isn't two blokes organising a sleepover a wee bit strange?
Reply 27
not really no

--------------

and what is it to your parents whether you get enaged at 21 you can do what you wish and its hardly sneaking around is it?

Latest

Trending

Trending