The Student Room Group

[MUSLIMS] Virginity?

Poll

Are you saving your virginity until marriage?

I hear alot about Muslim girls on TSR who are saving it till marriage. What I dont hear however, is Muslim guys who are saving it till marriage. Here's a simple poll for Muslim guys and girls. Lets see the results
Reply 1
Men and women have to keep chaste according to Islam. Besides why would you hear Muslim men talk about their virginity? :s-smilie:
Reply 2
I don't know of a single virgin muslim..... and I live in Bradford.
Reply 3
I have many muslim friends and none of them follow the no sex before marriage rule, but they follow other things like no alcohol, only halal food etc.
More importantly is anyone else tired of part time muslims, their views and everything else that goes with it? neg away it still won't change my opinion..i know plenty who drink sleep around and that goes for both male and female...
(edited 12 years ago)
Men and women have to keep chaste according to Islam. Besides why would you hear Muslim men talk about their virginity? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
I know tonnes of Muslim guys (I hesitate to call them that because they do not act like Muslims: violent, misogynist and go to clubs etc) who are not virgins and sleep around a lot and I know plenty muslim girls who are saving themselves up.

I guess there is no way of a guy getting found out. Though the rules are the same regarding chastity in Islam, we cannot overlook the fact that men are horny bastards and they can get away with loosing their virginities without their wives knowing. :dontknow:
I'm not afraid to admit it, I'm a muslim guy and still a virgin.
Reply 8
Original post by Mr Chow
I have many muslim friends and none of them follow the no sex before marriage rule, but they follow other things like no alcohol, only halal food etc.

Passive nihilism, the slow dismantlement of religion within culture.

It's always interesting to see this happening before your very eyes, especially in this modern era.
Reply 9
I think you should have had 2 other polls

Muslim Female, saving it until marriage
Muslim Female, not saving it untill marriage
I'm surprised by the OP's opinion to be honest.

It's not just about "saving it", it's also the factor that the faith I believe in stresses on many occasions not to have sex outside of marriage for it's a major sin. I don't have this romantic notion of "doing it" for the first time with my wife. It's simply that the religion I truly believe tells me not to have sex outside of marriage.

Anyone who call themselves a muslim and isn't saving it till marriage really needs to take a good look at what Islam says about fornication. It's one of the major sins in Islam. In terms of what the Hadiths say and the verses in the Quran. Once you read them, you wouldn't dare commit such a sin.
Original post by pooo
I know tonnes of Muslim guys (I hesitate to call them that because they do not act like Muslims: violent, misogynist and go to clubs etc) who are not virgins and sleep around a lot and I know plenty muslim girls who are saving themselves up.

I guess there is no way of a guy getting found out. Though the rules are the same regarding chastity in Islam, we cannot overlook the fact that men are horny bastards and they can get away with loosing their virginities without their wives knowing. :dontknow:

I don't get it, how can a guy not be found out? Firstly, there's the other sexual partner, who could expose him. Secondly, there's the fact that his mate would know and those around him would.

Same would surely apply with a girl :s-smilie: A girl could have several sexual partners and how would you know? She could hide it just as easily as a bloke.

Both sexes can easily get away with it, but they can't lie to God and they'll have to justify their actions when they die. How they'll be able to do it I'll never know.

What pisses me off is hypocrites. The guys who sleep around during their teens and uni years and once they've got a degree and have become an adult, they demand/expect to marry good Muslim virgin wife. They wouldn't even contemplate marrying one who has lost her virginity. And the sad thing is, those kind of pathetic muslims don't even know how much Hypocrisy and hypocrites are hated in Islam and what Islam says about people like that.
Reply 12
I would question the accuracy of the poll as anyone can vote in it not just Muslims.
Reply 13
Sadly, a lot of Muslim men do have sex before marriage - but would kill any of their female relatives for doing the same.

It's culturally acceptable for men to be whores yet still demand a virgin wife. It's disgusting, it's just as much of a sin for men as it is for women - it's just that women can get 'found out' (pregnancy, broken hymen - although the idea that a broken hymen automatically means you're not a virgin is a complete fallacy) whereas men can't.
Reply 14
Original post by zammie1603
I think you should have had 2 other polls

Muslim Female, saving it until marriage
Muslim Female, not saving it untill marriage

Yeh, its just I think that most Muslim girls already want to save it till marriage
I'm not Muslim, but I'm just posting to say that the reason there's probably not as many guys is because it is not as easy to tell whether a guy is a virgin, as obviously girls have the hymen and sex hurts for the first time. With guys it can be difficult to tell. Maybe some guys think that because of this, they can get away with "having fun" and then later on pretend they are a virgin.

However, those guys obviously aren't abiding by the religion.
Reply 16
Male virgin Muslims? In Britain? You'd have better luck finding Santa Claus!
Original post by Dreizhen
Male virgin Muslims? In Britain? You'd have better luck finding Santa Claus!

:congrats:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending