Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This earlier

Top - ASOS
    Jeans - River Island
    Scarf - H&M
    Shoes - New Look
    and I threw on a beige mac when I went out

Now I am wearing a pair of grey Nike trackies, Primark blue vest and a floral RI scarf. No picture necessary!

ReputationRep:
    hot as ever flooooze!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    Your style can express who you are. I don't judge people by their style but there is no need to insult someone for no reason other than not liking their fashion sense , it's makes me think they themselves are more than likely dull /old fashioned and can't appreciate different people's styles.
    You sort of did judge with the whole 'people who don't like your style are dull' comment. Although I sort of see where you're coming from but I still think it's a huuuuge generalisation. Yes, people choose to wear things that express their own personal style but there are several reasons why sometimes people aren't really 'expressing themselves' to the max. Like if they're dressed a certain way for their job, at a more formal event, wearing a huge unflattering coat cos its cold, just chilling out/not being bothered, chasing after their kids...blah blah blah. Likewise, lots of people don't use their clothes as a tool of expression; they express themselves in other ways, for example, through their work, through music, through art.

Although this is a fashion and beauty forum so you'd expect most people in here to pay quite a lot of attention to what they wear which probably makes most of what I've said invalid.

People will hate what you wear and find it dull just as you would look at someone else and reckon they were boring just because of their outfit. Exciting clothes can often lead to a huuuuge let down when you get to know the person because you realise that even if they look swish, they're still humannn (or so I've found anyway!)

/rant

ReputationRep:
    Your style can express who you are. I don't judge people by their style but there is no need to insult someone for no reason other than not liking their fashion sense , it's makes me think they themselves are more than likely dull /old fashioned and can't appreciate different people's styles.
    you just did judge people by their style and insulted everyone who doesn't like to dress the way you do.

"interesting people ,those who dont - dull."

who knew a simple thread for what you wear could become so heated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floozie)
    This earlier

Top - ASOS
    Jeans - River Island
    Scarf - H&M
    Shoes - New Look
    and I threw on a beige mac when I went out

Now I am wearing a pair of grey Nike trackies, Primark blue vest and a floral RI scarf. No picture necessary!
    Lovely shoes btw. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just out of the shower...

Black vest top
    Black and white cow print pyjama bottoms
    Black and red flowery flip-flops

ReputationRep:
    black dress
    grey tights

ReputationRep:
    Well I've got a bit lost on the whole thing now. I don't really want to cause offence to anyone. If I came across as an arse to anyone, then I apologise.

My opinions on next come from working there a while ago, and seeing my girlfriend work there now. Every bad shop contains the odd nice thing. I'm not saying that just because something is from next, it's not good. All I'm saying is that their clothes are, as a general rule, poorly made. As I say, I used to work there, I saw a lot of the stuff they sold close up day in, day out, and most of it was pretty shoddy.

(Original post by death.drop)

a) I love camo. in the same way that you love looking like Noel fielding, except my belt probably doesn't make people look at me and think wtf as I walk down the street
    b)I was wearing a black top before, I'm not going to the hassle of changing my belt just because I've changed my top, only to hang around my room and wait for a friend to come over.
    c)The top covers up the belt when I stand up so it's not too short and it covers up my monstrosity of a belt.

for someone who seems so defensive of his unusual fashion taste you sure like telling other people what they should be wearing.
    a) Firstly, I don't want to look like Noel Fielding. I just added that picture in because someone claimed that 'red blooded' men couldn't wear trousers like that, and I thought that posting an example of a man with a good female following wearing the exact same trousers was a pretty good counter argument. People can think 'wtf' when they walk past me in the street, that's fine, they're not worth knowing! I'd walk into someone wearing a camouflage belt and say 'sorry didn't see you there!' just to piss them off. Each to their own. Why do you love camouflage style clothes? The only people who wear camouflage are military people trying to blend in with grass, and I spose a lot of clothes made for kids are designed around the theme of camouflage. I just think it looks cheap and tacky. Whatever, just my opinion, if you don't agree then that's fine, there's no right or wrong!

b) Why are you posting what you're wearing if you're not entirely happy with what you're wearing? If you want people to appraise an outfit, why are you posting an outfit that you know isn't right?

Honestly, I think people are kind of getting riled up cause I've come into this thread and seem to be telling people what I think, often negative. I can see why that'd be annoying. But I've read this thread on and off for a while, and there seem to be no negative comments! Sometimes it's good to be honest. After all, if you don't agree with what I'm saying, you can just ignore it and carry on unchanged. It's good to hear the suggestions of others sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...I'm personally a bit wary of critisizing what other people wear because I sort of respect that everyone has their own individual style and what's good for them would be horrific for me. If someone asked what we thought, I'd give an honest (but diplomatic :P) opinion and suggest an alternative if possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shryke)
    a) Firstly, I don't want to look like Noel Fielding. I just added that picture in because someone claimed that 'red blooded' men couldn't wear trousers like that, and I thought that posting an example of a man with a good female following wearing the exact same trousers was a pretty good counter argument. People can think 'wtf' when they walk past me in the street, that's fine, they're not worth knowing! I'd walk into someone wearing a camouflage belt and say 'sorry didn't see you there!' just to piss them off. Each to their own. Why do you love camouflage style clothes? The only people who wear camouflage are military people trying to blend in with grass, and I spose a lot of clothes made for kids are designed around the theme of camouflage. I just think it looks cheap and tacky. Whatever, just my opinion, if you don't agree then that's fine, there's no right or wrong!
    you probably wouldn't even notice my belt! I like camo because green is my favourite and I like the pattern. just like you like tight jeans with spots.
    if you think there's no right or wrong then don't tell me I should change my clothes!

b) Why are you posting what you're wearing if you're not entirely happy with what you're wearing? If you want people to appraise an outfit, why are you posting an outfit that you know isn't right?
    because I get bored. this is what I do when I get bored. if I'm wearing a towel I post that I'm wearing a towel because it's what I'm wearing. that's what the thread is! I was happy with what I was wearing. it may not be a perfectly put together ensemble but it's comfortable and I'm hardly going to a ball or anything.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this thread was just about what you are wearing... Not that you want to change how you dress and other people should tell you how to... If someone wants that fair enough, if people are happy enough and just literally want to say what they're wearing or post a pic to be part of it what's the big deal?

Everyone is an individual. If everyone dressed the same in whatever style then what's the point?

And on topic I wearing black jeans, a red tshirt and a black fitted hooded top thing... all from Gap. Nothing very exciting.

ReputationRep:

White henley (Zara)
    Pale Blue high waisted shorts (French Connection)
    Navy long cardie (French Connection)
    Silver long necklace (Accessorize)
    Brown signature tote (Coach)
    Black heeled brogues (Jeffrey Campbell)

ReputationRep:
    wow i have never seen such a fuss about clothes in my life.

ReputationRep:
    I am up early to study!

white mini-ish skirt from next
    prettttty M&S per una brown top,...lots of flowers and a sweetheart neck
    tan mary jane kitten heels (ankle still sort so restricted to sensible shoes)
    bronze+jade+goldy necklace
    gold accessorize dangly earrings
    bronze ring with a big central stone - accessorize

Pics when I actually get dressed

ReputationRep:
    ...its 1 april so we have a fancy dress day at uni for charity (again - seem to have one each term!) - i hav a black pvc catsuit i have worn a couple of times last term but i just cant be botehred wearin that today - too uncomfortable....so i have just borrowed my sis school uniform - not very imaginative :o:

...figuring there will be loads of sluty style uniforms i am gonna buck the trend and go as a smart 'posh' school girl - lol ...so - white shirt, tie (done up properly) black blazer, grey skirt, black stockings, black shoes

...feels very weird wearing her uniform as i never went to this school and its also 2 years since i had to wear uniform anyway -

Black Topshop dress
    Green Debenhams cardigan
    White John Lewis tights
    Cream Dorothy Perkins waist belt

Will put on some accessories later :] Got home study this morning, so am gonna get some work done!

ReputationRep:
    you just did judge people by their style and insulted everyone who doesn't like to dress the way you do.

"interesting people ,those who dont - dull."

who knew a simple thread for what you wear could become so heated.

in my opinion anyone who can't appreciate different peoples styles and who feels the need to insult them for having a style different to their own ,must be a very dull close minded person.

ReputationRep:
    in my opinion anyone who can't appreciate different peoples styles and feels the need to insult them for having a style different to their own ,must be a very dull close minded person.
    my point is that's exactly what you did in your post.

I'm for orthodontist and shopping today. same as yesterday

ReputationRep:
    my point is that's exactly what you did in your post.

I'm for orthodontist and shopping today. same as yesterday

I didn't say anyone who doesn't dress in that kind of style is dull,I mean anyone who can't appreciate others styles must be dull ,saying they look 'ridiculous' is a bit harsh and unnecessary .

ReputationRep:
    Navy Topshop leggings
    Baggy pink ASOS t-shirt
    Grey knitted Warehouse waistcoat
    Big uni hoodie!

Plus glasses can't be bothered to put contacts in!

Essay day :bawling: and i'm not leaving my room until it's done!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.