The 'what are you wearing' thread. Watch

hbandtr4eva
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Dark blue skinny jeans, pale purple tank top, white cardi and black pumps.
Stace-is-Ace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Plum tights
Denim skirt
Nude pumps
Black vest
Cream with black crochet detail cardi
Floral scarf
Big black bag with cream stitching

Looked nice-ish
kinkajou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yesterday...

Spoiler:
Show

Jack Wills shirt
Jack Wills blue cropped leggings
Jack Wills tan belt
Jack Wills long grey cardigan
Ash tan heels
lots of funky blue & tan jewellery

Today.....

Spoiler:
Show

Jack Wills green stripey dress
Jack Wills grey leggings
Ash tan heels
Dior sunglasses
Mikimoto pearls, disney couture bracelet, gold hairband, long black & silver necklace

becs_in_bath
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lilac-y striped shirt - M&S
Pinstripe pencil skirt - Oasis
Black peep-toes - DP
Yay for summer & no tights!

Spoiler:
Show
Shryke
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by .x.jen.x.)
Yesterday...

Spoiler:
Show

Jack Wills shirt
Jack Wills blue cropped leggings
Jack Wills tan belt
Ash tan heels
lots of funky blue & tan jewellery

Today.....

Spoiler:
Show

Jack Wills green stripey dress
Jack Wills grey leggings
Ash tan heels
Dior sunglasses
Mikimoto pearls, disney couture bracelet, gold hairband, long black & silver necklace

Not bad, but so much Jack Wills. You can do much better in designer cuts, and materials for similar prices. I don't like to be negative, but I just have a real problem with Jack Wills. They aim their stuff at a market that they know they can rip off, and their stuff is made with seemingly no passion whatsoever.

The outfits do look ok, but nothing more.
dhokes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Shryke)
Not bad, but so much Jack Wills. You can do much better in designer cuts, and materials for similar prices. I don't like to be negative, but I just have a real problem with Jack Wills. They aim their stuff at a market that they know they can rip off, and their stuff is made with seemingly no passion whatsoever.

How do you know this?
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

It's just an unfortunate coincidence that both outfits were so Jack Wills on consecutive days, i do wear different things. But then again i like them so "unfortunate" isn't the right word and it's just for work, so i don't need to look more than "ok" :p: It's comfy casual stuff, nothing more
Shryke
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dhokes)
How do you know this?
Their clothes are all so plain. They seem to be in love with putting their name on a t-shirt and asking £35 for it. The denim is AWFUL, no self-respecting designer would allow that to go out. The trench coats and pea coats are over £200! You can get a Viridi Anne Asymmetrical trench for that much! I think I know which I'd rather have.

Seriously, they sell things at ridiculous prices. Their polos are so average, a waste at £49. I spent £60 on my april 77 polo but it's a classic simple black design, with a single guitar pick pocket, and made of the best cotton.

Their clothes are aimed at teenagers who don't know anything about fashion, and who think price = quality and style. I bet the men, and most of the women, who buy from Jack Wills couldn't name 20 designers off the tops of their heads.
c.os
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wine sweater - prada
Light blue shirt, with small red & white stripes, white collar and cuffs (hard to describe!) - d&g
jeans - nudie
black belt - paul smith
black trainers with design - louis vuitton

Quite expensive today.. but the shirt, the belt and the jeans were all at a good discount!
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Their clothes are all so plain. They seem to be in love with putting their name on a t-shirt and asking £35 for it. The denim is AWFUL, no self-respecting designer would allow that to go out. The trench coats and pea coats are over £200! You can get a Viridi Anne Asymmetrical trench for that much! I think I know which I'd rather have.

Seriously, they sell things at ridiculous prices. Their polos are so average, a waste at £49. I spent £60 on my april 77 polo but it's a classic simple black design, with a single guitar pick pocket, and made of the best cotton.

Their clothes are aimed at teenagers who don't know anything about fashion, and who think price = quality and style. I bet the men, and most of the women, who buy from Jack Wills couldn't name 20 designers off the tops of their heads.

Well i am not a teenager, and i actually know quite a lot about fashion, for the record! When i'm wearing my jack wills it's something i'm throwing on at 6.30am to go to work, i can sincerely say it's not an attempt to be fashionable, and the material is such that they're the comfiest clothes i own, so to me i may as well spend my money on it. I don't have tons of other stuff to spend my money, i don't waste it on alcohol etc etc and i'm not going without other things so a little bit of JW doesn't harm anyone.
Shryke
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's just an unfortunate coincidence that both outfits were so Jack Wills on consecutive days, i do wear different things. But then again i like them so "unfortunate" isn't the right word and it's just for work, so i don't need to look more than "ok" :p: It's comfy casual stuff, nothing more
Hey it looks cool, I just sincerely suggest you stay away from Jack Wills - you can get things hand crafted by French men in little studios in Paris for the same price :P

It's fine, I'm sure you do know a good amount about clothes, but I think their marketing is aimed at teenagers who don't know what they're doing.
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey it looks cool, I just sincerely suggest you stay away from Jack Wills - you can get things hand crafted by French men in little studios in Paris for the same price :P

I live in France, and take it from me, French fashion really is not all that it's bigged up to be! :p: In fact, i bought most my Jack Wills cos the lack of anything i could buy in France was starting to get painful.
Shryke
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
French fashion really is not all that it's bigged up to be!.
We'll have to agree to disagree then! This statement means that we won't ever get near to an agreement :P

Keep on looking nice
dhokes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

I agree regarding some of your points. You could have said their clothes are generally plain in your original post.
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We'll have to agree to disagree then! This statement means that we won't ever get near to an agreement :P

Keep on looking nice

Haha, it's all about the Italians for me.

Perhaps i am just unlucky and don't have a true representation as i live in the Pyrenees...hardly haute couture centre.

If it's any consolation, Dior is my number 1 fashion house, so i'm not ruling out french fashion completely.
SuicidalLemming
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Black skinnies
White plimsolls
White skinny rib vest top
black cardigan.

Boring and monotone.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
zara dress
accessorize necklace
oasis earring
accessorize ring

I was wearing super high gold and tan gladiators earlier but changed into boring black courts coz i had to run to the library and my feet hurt.

I should be writing my dissertation.
StotheL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Armani jeans
Ralph Lauren shirt
Martine Westner belt
Random italian flip flops from Brown Thomas
Monet earrings
DYRBERG/KERN watch
Pilgrim ring

I fancy changing into pyjamas now, so that'll be:

Princess tam tam shorts
CK sleep top
lostphotobooth
Badges: 11
Report 9 years ago
H&M cardigan
Red Herring (Debenhams) ditsy print top
ASOS grey skirt

Gonna get changed into PJs soon too :] Got home from badminton and had a shower and decided to dress up
~Amy-Eliza~
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hollister blue vest top,
Ralph Lauren shirt,
Next jeans,
Hollister flip-flops
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.97%
Leave (298)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise