APPLE POWERBOOK v IBOOK...

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
jumahumour
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
Anyone got an Apple powerbook / ibook cos I was thinking of buying one for when I go to uni and just wondered what they're like, since I am a dedicated PC fan.

People i've spoken to have said that mac's are a lot easier to use and work wiv, so that's why ppl love 'em so much.

Question for anyone currently at uni: Do u have ur own comp? If so, what do u reckon is better; having a desktop or laptop?

Is there really much call for a laptop at uni? or will a desktop be ok?

Thanks.
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by jumahumour)
Anyone got an Apple powerbook / ibook cos I was thinking of buying one for when I go to uni and just wondered what they're like, since I am a dedicated PC fan.

People i've spoken to have said that mac's are a lot easier to use and work wiv, so that's why ppl love 'em so much.

Question for anyone currently at uni: Do u have ur own comp? If so, what do u reckon is better; having a desktop or laptop?

Is there really much call for a laptop at uni? or will a desktop be ok?

Thanks.
dedicated pc fan? lol.
i have none of those. bu ti know the sony vaios are good, ive got 3 of them.
jumahumour
Rep:
Laptop v Desktop - which one is better suited to Uni life?
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
dedicated pc fan? lol.
i have none of those. bu ti know the sony vaios are good, ive got 3 of them.
i'm lovin the green font, tying in with energy supply - v. clever!
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
i'm lovin the green font, tying in with energy supply - v. clever!
hehe..

and guy, just get a laptop, its more convenient.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
All my experiences with laptops have been poor.

I'd buy a desktop. Cheaper, more HD space (generally), more free slots to upgrade with etc.

If you're concerned about portability, why not buy a PDA with the money saved from buying an equivalent desktop?
wigman15
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
I have got a Mac and PC.

Really, Macs are best for graphic designers, programmers, etc as they do not play most PC games. There are some Microsoft products available for it, e.g. Office, but they are completely different to the PC versions (layout/design wise).

One thing which I like about the MAC is that it is much faster than the majority of PCs (depending on which model).

Also, the Mac OS (the latest one is the Panther) is very similar to Microsoft Windows.

Hope this helps!
jumahumour
Rep:
(Original post by wigman15)
I have got a Mac and PC.

Really, Macs are best for graphic designers, programmers, etc as they do not play most PC games. There are some Microsoft products available for it, e.g. Office, but they are completely different to the PC versions (layout/design wise).

One thing which I like about the MAC is that it is much faster than the majority of PCs (depending on which model).

Also, the Mac OS (the latest one is the Panther) is very similar to Microsoft Windows.

Hope this helps!

thanks
X
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (175)
40.98%
They're exactly what I expected (112)
26.23%
They're lower than I expected (140)