The Student Room Group

Philosophy applicants for 2012 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Danz123
My A-level predictions are:

A*[Politics]
A*[English Language and literature]
A [Economics]

I actually thought the exam went quite well, other than the fact that I had to change pens at roughly Q4 from a normal black ballpoint to a much inkier version. :tongue:

They're very good - you should be fine on that front. :smile:

Haha same! I honestly quite enjoyed the exam - however weird that may sound! :redface:

Which Open Day did you go to?
Reply 561
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
They're very good - you should be fine on that front. :smile:

Haha same! I honestly quite enjoyed the exam - however weird that may sound! :redface:

Which Open Day did you go to?

Thank you, although I feel rather inadequate compared to people with more A-levels having a string of A's for some reason. :tongue:

I did as well. All we had to do was regurgitate the notes from the lecture in a more concise, clear manner.

I went to the first one - the 14th of December. Did you go to the same one?
Original post by Danz123
Thank you, although I feel rather inadequate compared to people with more A-levels having a string of A's for some reason. :tongue:

I did as well. All we had to do was regurgitate the notes from the lecture in a more concise, clear manner.

I went to the first one - the 14th of December. Did you go to the same one?

Yeah, I went to that one too - not sure if I met you there, though. :tongue:
Reply 563
Anyone considering Liverpool? I went to the visit day and thought it was brilliant!
Reply 564
Original post by grachorr
Anyone considering Liverpool? I went to the visit day and thought it was brilliant!

I'm new to the student room so be gentle... but I have lurked for a while:K:

anyway i'm seriously considering Liverpool for V500 :smile:, I went to an open day in the summer and loved it, going for a post application visit day next month. got a conditional offer but i'm a bit gutted it's AAB because before i sent my application off the requirements were ABB :confused:

rejected from: uni of leeds....
conditional: ABB - university of glasgow and university of manchester
Interview: royal holloway for joint honours classics & philosophy (don't want to go any more and considering just not going for the interview haha)
Original post by elmay
I'm new to the student room so be gentle... but I have lurked for a while:K:

anyway i'm seriously considering Liverpool for V500 :smile:, I went to an open day in the summer and loved it, going for a post application visit day next month. got a conditional offer but i'm a bit gutted it's AAB because before i sent my application off the requirements were ABB :confused:

rejected from: uni of leeds....
conditional: ABB - university of glasgow and university of manchester
Interview: royal holloway for joint honours classics & philosophy (don't want to go any more and considering just not going for the interview haha)

I thought they were ABB too but when I went on my open day in the summer I heard someone talking about it so I asked and it turns out they'd changed it to AAB. Bit annoying as they seemed to do it quite sneakily!
Reply 566
Original post by DemolitionLovers
I thought they were ABB too but when I went on my open day in the summer I heard someone talking about it so I asked and it turns out they'd changed it to AAB. Bit annoying as they seemed to do it quite sneakily!

VERY sneaky indeed, it's put me in a strange position now. As it's the highest requirements - almost by default it has to be my first choice... but if i get ABB it'll be a wasted choice D: hellllpppp
Reply 567
offer from Edinburgh for BBB. so happy the offer is that low! definitely going to be my insurance.
Reply 568
conditional offer from Lancaster for Film studies and Philosophy! Happy! Good luck for those who are still waiting :smile:
I've got unconditional offers from Warwick, Bristol and KCL for Phil (V500).

Don't know much in terms of student life/satisfaction, course suitability, etc. I live in London so I would be a home student if I chose KCL and would save loads of money/convenience and so on.

Going to open days in March but I wanted to know what guys thought of these courses.
So excited to be taking philosophy! Got offers from Birmingham, Nottingham, UCL and Exeter, and a cute lil rejection from Cambridge. Can't decide between the offers I've got though! Whichever one I go for I know it'll be awesome, can't wait for uni.
Reply 571
Unconditional to King's Religion, Philosophy and Ethics
Unconditional to King's Philosophy
Rejected by UCL's Philosophy

That's about it.
Reply 572
Can someone kindly advise the difference between Philo and Religion-Ethics-Philo in King's.

I mean other than the obvious diversification of the latter.

Thanks!
Reply 573
UCL STILL haven't replied to me yet. :frown: They're probably holding my application right now, so torn that might even use 'ip dip do' to figure out which pile I should go in.
Original post by Danz123
UCL STILL haven't replied to me yet. :frown: They're probably holding my application right now, so torn that might even use 'ip dip do' to figure out which pile I should go in.

Durham haven't replied for me either. I'm feeling a rejection coming on.
Reply 575
offer from Glasgow.
film and tv studies and philosophy: )
Reply 576
Unconditional for Philosophy & Religious Studies at Lancaster. Nice.
Have people started firming places yet? :smile:
Reply 578
Original post by electric-wars
Have people started firming places yet? :smile:

no i can't decide!!

I want other people's honest opinion...

I'm either going to firm Philosophy at Nottingham or Religion Philosophy and Ethics at Kings.

I reaaalllly just can't decide, find both courses really interesting. I prefer the Nottingham campus and sense of community but prefer London as a city. I thought I was swaying towards Nottingham but I was talking to my dad and he said as an employer, King's has an amazing international reputation and I have to think about the long term.

any suggestions?
What did everyone decide on in the end?? Are you happy with your offers and choices? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest