The Student Room Group

Philosophy applicants for 2012 entry!

Scroll to see replies

I got rejected from everything but KCL, though they've given me their lowest possible offer for my country and I love them for that. I wanna go already, the waiting is increasingly annoying:colondollar:

Cheers, you guys!
I firmed Lancaster :biggrin: can't wait!

Get negged for firming Lancaster? okay....
(edited 11 years ago)
i stated birmingham as my firm and glasgow as my insurance choice. :smile: unfortunately my grades arent as good as the conditional offer from bham requires but i really hope to get in anyway!
Reply 583
Original post by bunbury93
i stated birmingham as my firm and glasgow as my insurance choice. :smile: unfortunately my grades arent as good as the conditional offer from bham requires but i really hope to get in anyway!

Birmingham is my firm :smile: What was your glasgow offer?
Original post by IceCool
Birmingham is my firm :smile: What was your glasgow offer?

good choice :smile:. have you been to one of the open days?
same as birmingham - abitur 1,8 which is equivalent to ABB. whats your insurance choice?
Reply 585
i got into oxfordddddddddddddddddddd
Reply 586
Original post by bunbury93
good choice :smile:. have you been to one of the open days?
same as birmingham - abitur 1,8 which is equivalent to ABB. whats your insurance choice?

Yeah i loved Birmingham it was amazing! I love how it has the campus feel but in the middle of a city!

My back-up is Dundee - i have no idea what it's like!
yeah i thought so too! on the one hand you live in a huge city and on the other hand its never too much, because the uni is not right in the center and theres so much green on the campus.

i applied for dundee too, but i was rejected, even though their offer was lower than bhams. maybe they dont like german people xD.
but i've heard the city is very grey, industrial and not so nice. dont know much about the uni though..
Original post by IceCool
Yeah i loved Birmingham it was amazing! I love how it has the campus feel but in the middle of a city!

My back-up is Dundee - i have no idea what it's like!
Reply 588
So where's everyone going????? I'm going to KCL :biggrin:
Reply 589
I just got the grades I needed for Durham, so I guess I'm off to Butler college. :smile:

Congrats on making your offer @laura94
Reply 590
I'm off to UEA , couldn't be happier .. love the whole place, well done on getting in Kings and Durham guys! :biggrin:
Reply 591
Hey guys!
I was wondering if any of you people have taken a "Physics and Philosophy" course at uni. I am quite keen on doing this, as I feel that there is a really strong link between the two. I want to explore how these two subjects actually compliment each other and so wish to study it at uni.
I was wanting to know how the course is structured and if it lived up to the expectations you had about it. Also, any help with which uni offers the best course in this would be great (I am not considering the Oxbridge or Imperial as they may be out of my reach). Also, how much of a difference would it make if I haven't studied Philosophy before (although I read quite a bit on it on my own). Any help will be appreciated. Cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest