This discussion is closed.
Tobias
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Thsi is a sample of the sort of test that you will have to do at certain unis. for law applications, as of this year:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...tml?gavalidate

What do you think?
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tobias)
Thsi is a sample of the sort of test that you will have to do at certain unis. for law applications, as of this year:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...tml?gavalidate

What do you think?
i need a user/password lol
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The first one is ok, the second is a little challenging lol ... but only because they have wrapped it all up in fancy words ... if it wasnt then im sure the answer would be much easier to work out.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I quite liked thinking about it all, but whether I got the answers, if there were any right answers is a different story!

What answers did people get?
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My answers and reasons:

1. c - because this is the one one which is unarticulated as stated in the question and it can be assumed from the information given.

2. d - i do not think that there is a particularly correct answer for this one but i think d is the best .

3. e - personal preference again.

4. d - by a process of elimintion i think that this answer is the most rational and understandably implied.

5. c - i think that this is the best answer .

So, what do other people think..........there is generally no right or wrong answer for the law questions because the tutors want you to develop an argument that may be viably objected by another person. The ability to argue for one's reasoning is more important than particularly getting the 'more correct' one.
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
My answers and reasons:

1. c - because this is the one one which is unarticulated as stated in the question and it can be assumed from the information given.

2. d - i do not think that there is a particularly correct answer for this one but i think d is the best .

3. e - personal preference again.

4. d - by a process of elimintion i think that this answer is the most rational and understandably implied.

5. c - i think that this is the best answer .

So, what do other people think..........there is generally no right or wrong answer for the law questions because the tutors want you to develop an argument that may be viably objected by another person. The ability to argue for one's reasoning is more important than particularly getting the 'more correct' one.
i got the exact same answers as u: c,d,e,d,c. I found the passage for 4 and 5 hard to understand and was taking a bit of a reasoned guess for 5. 1,2 and 3 were alright though. A walk in the park compared to the test oxford set u though.
Tobias
Rep:
?
(Original post by iiikewldude)
i got the exact same answers as u: c,d,e,d,c. I found the passage for 4 and 5 hard to understand and was taking a bit of a reasoned guess for 5. 1,2 and 3 were alright though. A walk in the park compared to the test oxford set u though.
This will be set by Oxford!
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tobias)
This will be set by Oxford!
so will the abandom the one which they're already setting? I found that one much harder and different in style. It was more about reading comprehension. This is much more about logic.
Tobias
Rep:
?
(Original post by iiikewldude)
so will the abandom the one which they're already setting? I found that one much harder and different in style. It was more about reading comprehension. This is much more about logic.
Well it would be pretty mean to have two tests....!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (57)
4.77%
Uncertainty around my education (184)
15.38%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (132)
11.04%
Lack of purpose or motivation (171)
14.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (52)
4.35%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (68)
5.69%
Loneliness (101)
8.44%
Financial worries (40)
3.34%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (57)
4.77%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
4.68%
Lack of real life entertainment (64)
5.35%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (106)
8.86%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (108)
9.03%

Watched Threads