Any vet students/dog owners on here? Help needed! Watch

tbm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Basically I now have a puppy and need to get his vaccinations done. I have phoned two vets in my area- one said I needed to take him in when he was 12 weeks old for the first set, but the other said 10 weeks, and other people have told me 6-8 weeks so I am a little confused! He is now 9 weeks old, does anyone know the best time to get them done? Ive searched the web but Im finding all sorts of different information so not sure whats correct. Thanks for any replies!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I really wasnt sure where to put it!
Mrs_F
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You got a westie? (The avator).
I think our Bobby got his injections when he was about 12 weeks. He was 7 weeks when we got him and we had to wait a while before he got his injections, so 12 weeks sounds about right.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think it depends on how early you intend to take him out and let him mix with other dogs. If you're concerned, why not make an appointment now? They're probably really busy around Christmas so you should try to get him there as soon as possible.

What's your puppy called?
devilgirl999
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
id wait til 12 weeks it wont matter all that much if its a week late
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We got a puppy last month, maybe a little bit sooner. She got given injections very soon after she was born, then we got her at 7 weeks, she had a booster at 8 weeks, and another jab at 10 weeks. Now she can go outside 4 walks, but she's so tiny we need to get her a harness thing because all the collars seem too big for her little neck!!!
*River
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Different vets have different oppinions on when is the best to have jabs, our dog had a litter last Christmas and all the puppies had their jabs at different times.
dave
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
1st at 8 weeks and 2nd at 12 weeks is the accepted norm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (390)
79.92%
Leave (98)
20.08%

Watched Threads