ebay Watch

Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
don't you just love that feeling when you get beaten at an auction for an item you really really want!
vin
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yep
ice_cube
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Particularly if you know the person who beats you.
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
(Original post by ice_cube)
Particularly if you know the person who beats you.
lol
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
.......then you try and bribe the seller, then he refuses, then I get even more annoyed
ice_cube
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Particularly when you are sitting on computers on either side of a room in an ICT lesson. And she beats you. :mad: Not amused.
sultank
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
buying from auctions at x mas time ur aways gonna be beaten unless ur the winner willing to pay a very high price...sometimes people pay more for the item via auction that i put a fixed price on it,,, how dumb can people get, i sell gold n silver on ebay 18,000 feedback beat that.
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
(Original post by sultank)
buying from auctions at x mas time ur aways gonna be beaten unless ur the winner willing to pay a very high price...sometimes people pay more for the item via auction that i put a fixed price on it,,, how dumb can people get, i sell gold n silver on ebay 18,000 feedback beat that.
no. The point was that the item went for a very low price- £36, but its worth over £100, seriously, that's why I'm so annoyed.
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
sultank, when ebayers send you a message, but hide their email address, can you just press reply on, for example hotmail, and it replies back to the ebayer. Because usually I just click on respond to ebayer, but for some reason ebay have restricted my email allowance!?!?!?
pete77
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I never get beaten !
xoxo_GossipGirl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've only bidded on 6 items so far, and they'll all mac pigment samples, and i won them all woohoo. I would only ever buy from shops anyway, and they usually have more than one of each item in/
Clairehayz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hate ebay.
Terzza
Report 12 years ago
Ebay Rocks :rock:

The trick is not to bid until the last 20/30 seconds of the auction, then whack in the highest you're prepared to pay.

If you bid before that, you're just shooting yourself in the foot.
saturn
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not the end of the world you can probably buy it elsewhere
Amanda
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Terzza)
Ebay Rocks :rock:

The trick is not to bid until the last 20/30 seconds of the auction, then whack in the highest you're prepared to pay.

If you bid before that, you're just shooting yourself in the foot.
Yep.. I'm not on eBay alot but I don't get why people bid when the auction doesn't end for like another 3 days? :confused:
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amanda)
Yep.. I'm not on eBay alot but I don't get why people bid when the auction doesn't end for like another 3 days? :confused:
lol, i know what you mean!!
Kingspharm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sultank)
buying from auctions at x mas time ur aways gonna be beaten unless ur the winner willing to pay a very high price...sometimes people pay more for the item via auction that i put a fixed price on it,,, how dumb can people get
Haha yeah, I've been selling phones at £24 each (brand new), and put a nearly new one on at 99p (same model). It bid up to £31. Thought the guy wasn't going to pay but he did!
Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol I love it but don't you find you "meet" the strangest most nit pickety people on there? One girl negative feedbacked me because I mailed 4 videos and 1 wasn't fully rewound...it had been played for about 3 minutes.

Ahhh part of life's colourful tapestry eh
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
One girl negative feedbacked me because I mailed 4 videos and 1 wasn't fully rewound...it had been played for about 3 minutes.

Ahhh part of life's colourful tapestry eh
lol! :p:
Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know...the only negative I've ever gotten too.... :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (280)
27.56%
No (736)
72.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise