RAF-Future Pilots

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Mspc
Badges: 0
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
I just recently watched a programme about pilots. I heard that in the future there might not be a need for pilots to run their aircrafts, computers will eventually do this. I know it will not be for a very long time to come. However, I wasjust wondering what your opinions are on this. The idea to me seems a bit dangerous. You never know what computer are capable of and when you get a hacker in there then its very deadly. I do not like the idea personally. I was just wondering what you think of this.

Thanks
From
Rochelle
]{_colloquial
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Mspc)
I just recently watched a programme about pilots. I heard that in the future there might not be a need for pilots to run their aircrafts, computers will eventually do this. I know it will not be for a very long time to come. However, I wasjust wondering what your opinions are on this. The idea to me seems a bit dangerous. You never know what computer are capable of and when you get a hacker in there then its very deadly. I do not like the idea personally. I was just wondering what you think of this.

Thanks
From
Rochelle
I doubt that designers of such aircraft will overlook something that obvious. Jeremy Clarkson explained all, I doubt you need to worry about robots in the armed forces just yet!
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
i have been trying to develop a ground control device in D&T: Systems 7 Control and it is indeed very difficult. Personally, i do not think that planes will be able to run solely off computers because there are so many risks with computer commanding e.g. hackers. However, i have thought of my own idea that uses computer commands but totally eliminates the risk of hacking and terrorists etc.

I will only tell u if u want to know
X
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (19)
17.27%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (29)
26.36%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (58)
52.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
3.64%

Watched Threads