Uni help

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
felixjmorgan
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
Im looking to study computer science in uni. I was wondering what uni's are best for it, and what the requirements are. I heard aston is quite good, and thats point based i know, but i cant seem to find anymore info

Thanks
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by felixjmorgan)
Im looking to study computer science in uni. I was wondering what uni's are best for it, and what the requirements are. I heard aston is quite good, and thats point based i know, but i cant seem to find anymore info

Thanks
Look at the Guardian or Times guide for Computer Science rank.

Look candidly at your likely grades.

Apply to those universities with requirements corresponding to those grades (and subjects), and are as highly ranked as possible.

In terms of subjects, different universities have different interpretations of what's necessary. For example, some may ask for maths, others don't. Really depends on the institution.

Look around on the internet at some online prospectuses.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
Heh, I thought the majority of places asked for Maths A Level.
X
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (24)
30.77%
Take a gap year (14)
17.95%
Resit my exams (17)
21.79%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (11)
14.1%
I don't know yet (9)
11.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
3.85%

Watched Threads