The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE MODULAR Higher June 2011 NC/Calc solutions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SkiL-BiLL
Does it matter if you drew the shape from the other direction, but still 3D?, it would be very harsh if it did.

its fine
Reply 41
Hi,

just wondering what grade you think the following marks would get me for GCSE Maths (modular and all higher tier) :

66/80 - Unit 1

44/60 - Unit 2
42/60 - Unit 2

And by looking through the marked papers, i think i got around:

85/120 - Unit 3

Any advice would be really appreciated! xD
Reply 42
mrmanps can you please answer my question?
Reply 43
If i put like O---------------------------O in the inequalities question, is that wrong cause there shouldn't have been one at the end as well?
Reply 44
Original post by mrmanps
its fine

Can you answer my question?
Reply 45
for question 4 do you have to include construction lines to get full 3 marks
Reply 46
107/120 i think over both papers. Could i still achieve an A*? I have A*'s in the other two modules, not sure about the marks. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I think I have 182 UMS at the moment. Please tell me if i have any hope of A*
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by Cavzy
Do you reckon 50/60 would be an A or a B?

An A
Reply 48
Original post by AB-94
Hey,

I've got 192/200 UMS so far

From looking at your answers, it looks like i've got about 85/120 over the two papers.

What overall grade is this likely to result in?

Thanks
:smile:

B or maybe if you're lucky an A
Reply 49
Original post by dtwolves
107/120 i think over both papers. Could i still achieve an A*? I have A*'s in the other two modules, not sure about the marks. Thanks in advance.

Yes
Reply 50
Original post by mrmanps
Inequalities is fine.
You need to say something about the product of their graidents equalling - 1 i think. I'll check tomorrow. I'm marking this paper so I'll get a MS and take a look tomorrow.

For the perpendicular one, i said the gradient has been flipped over and the sign changed (to a minus). would i get the mark? i also showed y= for both to compare both gradients
Reply 51
Original post by mrmanps
Yes

While I am currently on 182 UMS? It's still A* overall?
Reply 52
Original post by Shayshay
For the perpendicular one, i said the gradient has been flipped over and the sign changed (to a minus). would i get the mark? i also showed y= for both to compare both gradients

Maybe not sure
Reply 53
Original post by dtwolves
While I am currently on 182 UMS? It's still A* overall?

You may scrape it
Reply 54
Okay thank you. It looks unlikely given the previous boundaries, don't you agree?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by mrmanps
You may scrape it

Could you explain why the standard form one is what it is? because surely that isn't the right value that the earth needs to be timesed by to equal jupiter, since 1.219x10^2 = 121.9 which wouldn't work? i'm only playing the devils advocate because your obviously right as your a teacher but i dont understand. thank you !
I was on 172 UMS after unit 1 and 2 and predict i got 85/120 in unit three what do you think ill end up with? i there any chance i could scrape an A ?
Reply 57
I need 79/120 for an overall A, based on last years grade boundaries, But i got 77/120 in unit 3, do you think the grade boundaries will be lower this year, only 2 marks, also for the earth and jupiter question, i rounded it to 1.22 x 10^2, will i still get all 3 marks? and on the inequalites line, i started the first circle at -2 instead of -3, but everything else about the line is the same as yours, will i get 1 out of 2 marks?

Thanks
Reply 58
i know this might sound ridiculous but my computer is downloading that file so slowly i might as well wait to see my result in august with the rest of my exams so would somebody be an absolute legend and post just the answers (not the working too) to the questions for the second modular paper as a reply :smile: I can only be eternally grateful and you will have a token to a free ice cream from me assuming you come to my house and collect it :biggrin:
Thanks so much to anyone that does this and i know you will look like him - :cool:
Hi can someOne tell mell wether I would get the full 2 marks for the inequality question if I put 4=y instead of 4<y

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending