Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I've a question. Can german applicants also apply for a higher year of a currently running course. i mean i start e.g. politics in germany and than change to G.B. to finish study there. is that possible. would be a nice thing to study in G.B., but in this case i would get german financial support. :-)

    What you're thinking about would mean you'd study in Germany and be enroled at a uni here but only go to the UK for an exchange year/semester. In that case you'd get support. If you transfer completely to the UK, I don't think you'd still get it. But I don't know. I do, however, think it'd be stupid to start your studies here just for the sake of a little money. You wouldn't even be getting that much...
    • Thread Starter

    in germany you get Bafög also for abroad studies in the EU if you started study in Germany and stood there at least for one year.

    so i think about beginning here and moving to G.B. after the first year. but my question was: Is that possible to apply at a uni for the second course year??!?

    :-/ i hope so. are the requirements higher for a later entrance?

    No, you can't do that now. When you have finished your first year in Germany, you can apply to British unis and ask whether you can transfer there, but they don't have to give you credit for what you've studied here. Basically, I think it's a crap idea, but that's just my opinion. Don't think it'd work the way you think now.

University open days

  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.