The Student Room Group

Godskitchen! What To Wear?!

Right, for New Years Eve I'm probably going to Godskitchen in Birmingham. Now, I've never been before and the dress code says 'club wear/urban wear' (or something like that). What exactly does that mean? :confused:
I'm used to going to rock clubs so I don't know what to wear! My friend told me that some of the girls wear really mad outfits, like illuminous bikinis and furry boots!
Any ideas on what I should wear? Anyone else been there before? I want to make an effort as it's New Years but don't want to look like a complete goon. Will I get turned away if I wear the sort of thing that I normally wear out (i.e. to a rock club)? Like cut-off tights with a skirt? Lots of beads and bracelets? A sweatband? Studded belt? Sorry for all the questions :p:
Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Reply 1
dont they have a website were you can look at the gallery of pics they take some nights? if so you can get an idea and then tone it down. you could always just wear some jeans or something and then a slightly outrageous clubby type top? cyberdog sell all the sorts of stuff...plus a luminous clubbing top could be rather cool. maybe get some flourescent hair bands or something?
Reply 3
I just looked for the website and apparently it exists but i can get into it...just says error
Reply 5
:biggrin: hehe
Reply 6
LizzyLizzy
dont they have a website were you can look at the gallery of pics they take some nights? if so you can get an idea and then tone it down. you could always just wear some jeans or something and then a slightly outrageous clubby type top? cyberdog sell all the sorts of stuff...plus a luminous clubbing top could be rather cool. maybe get some flourescent hair bands or something?

Oooh yes, cyberdog. I'm going to Camden this week so I'll have to make sure I look in there. Thanks for reminding me :smile:
Reply 7
I suppose. Don't want to look boring though!
Reply 8
well how often do you get to dress up in flourescent bikinis? i'd take this oppertunity to do it!
Reply 9
Of course! I may as well go all out :biggrin:
Oh my god you can have so much fun with this! It really depends on how comfortable you are in stuff. Clubwear ie dresses, miniskirts and stuff usually contains a lot of lycra so if your not happy wearing clingy clothes you might be better with some wacky accesories and a cool tshirt and skirt Lucid Clubwear is a cool site. If you want to be a bit more discrete then some UV fishnets would be cool. If you do want to go the whole hog though, just type in clubwear in goggle and there's lots of ideas
Seriously - go crazy.

My brother used to go to these sorts of things at the Millenium dome (when it wasn't the dome anymore, obviously) and he said they wore crazy, crazy things!

Go all out - you prob won't have the opportunity again!
Reply 12
Lady_Muck
Seriously - go crazy.

My brother used to go to these sorts of things at the Millenium dome (when it wasn't the dome anymore, obviously) and he said they wore crazy, crazy things!

Go all out - you prob won't have the opportunity again!

I am with this lady.

PVC all the way :p:
Reply 14
Thanks guys! I'll let you know what I decide to wear in the end :biggrin:
Lady_Muck

I went to the dome when they had the ministry there, Excellent times!

Latest