Rhinoplasty Surgery Watch

Subcutaneous
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey,

I've just booked a consultation for potential rhinoplasty hopefully next year and am just interested if they'll be able to do anything for me etc.

For the past 2 years my nose has just haunted me, it's not huge but there is something about me which means I just hate seeing photos of myself and im always feeling worried people are staring at it.

Has anyone had the surgery before? What were the costs & recovery time?

Also are there any cases that they can't do anything? I think what I want most is my tip shortened as looking on my face profile it's a ****ing corcker!!

I've attached a photo- so if anyone has had it before, maybe they can suggest what the consultant may suggest to do to it?

Also how long will it take to get an appointment?

SO many questions!

http://i51.tinypic.com/669cwl.jpg
Tony_Soprano1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you dont need it, i was wondering too myself the other day lifes so hard in general theres so much misery out there in the real world and its funny how some people are so self concious about themselves when they have been given so much around them! Nothings perfect be who you are be happy!
username239687
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with your nose.
Casshern1456
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can't see anything wrong with your nose.
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Rhinoplasty has got nothing to do with rhinos???
ibysaiyan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you have one of your nostril permanently blocked then you do,such as in my case
choly7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm interested in the same. I made a similar thread yonks an yonks ago but it was annoymous so I quickly lost it

I was wondering if anyone could answer this: When you go for a consultation, do they offer you pictures of what your nose would look like? I heard someone else say this but my friend's seem to think this isn't true? Anyone wanna clear this up?
Subcutaneous
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by choly7)
I'm interested in the same. I made a similar thread yonks an yonks ago but it was annoymous so I quickly lost it

I was wondering if anyone could answer this: When you go for a consultation, do they offer you pictures of what your nose would look like? I heard someone else say this but my friend's seem to think this isn't true? Anyone wanna clear this up?
Yeah I want to know that too..I'm always spending ages in the mirror seeing what it'd look like smaller but theres a great big wedge of cartiledge in the way lol
Comet Andromeda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
Rhinoplasty has got nothing to do with rhinos???

:lolwut:
Comet Andromeda
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you don't need a nose job. your nose is fine
choly7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Subcutaneous)
Yeah I want to know that too..I'm always spending ages in the mirror seeing what it'd look like smaller but theres a great big wedge of cartiledge in the way lol
Haha same! I wish there were a 'plastic surgery' sticky thread thingy, so all questions could be asked and answered, cause a lot of people seem to be interested. Though maybe that's not a good idea, being students an all.

I tried doing a 'nose job' photoshop thingy the other day but it didn't work.
Wild_Precious_Life
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Who nose.
hatemylife
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Subcutaneous)
Hey,

I've just booked a consultation for potential rhinoplasty hopefully next year and am just interested if they'll be able to do anything for me etc.

For the past 2 years my nose has just haunted me, it's not huge but there is something about me which means I just hate seeing photos of myself and im always feeling worried people are staring at it.

Has anyone had the surgery before? What were the costs & recovery time?

Also are there any cases that they can't do anything? I think what I want most is my tip shortened as looking on my face profile it's a ****ing corcker!!

I've attached a photo- so if anyone has had it before, maybe they can suggest what the consultant may suggest to do to it?

Also how long will it take to get an appointment?

SO many questions!

http://i51.tinypic.com/669cwl.jpg
Yours looks a little difficult to judge. I'm not sure whether they would simply sort the tip out or perhaps reduce projection as well. Btw, you know consultations cost about £250? Sometimes surgeons will reject you if they think there's either nothing they can do for you, the risks are too high (thus damaging their reputation) or they think you're just not suitable.

Costs for a chain rhinoplasty (i.e the more commercial TRANSFORM - who have terrible reviews - and Harley Medical Group) will range from £3,000 - £4,000. Individual surgeons can fetch up to £9,000. Recovery time is usually 2 weeks before most swelling goes down and cast is off, however for absolute full recovery it's more like a year.
MonkeyMan2009
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Yeh they do; my teacher had her done last yr.
hatemylife
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

That's true, they take pictures, put them on a computer and manipulate it using the techniques they would use in surgery to achieve what you want and then show you the result. Consultations alone often cost hundreds, though - beware!
Sarah.Rivers
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Your nose is fine (:
choly7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MonkeyMan2009)
Yeh they do; my teacher had her done last yr.

(Original post by hatemylife)
That's true, they take pictures, put them on a computer and manipulate it using the techniques they would use in surgery to achieve what you want and then show you the result. Consultations alone often cost hundreds, though - beware!
Thanks for the answers guys! I didn't realise consultations cost this much, I thought they might have been free. D: Oh dear!
hatemylife
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thanks for the answers guys! I didn't realise consultations cost this much, I thought they might have been free. D: Oh dear!
Nope. Cheapest I've heard of are £80, whilst others being £250 for 40 mins - 1 hour.
Vampire90210
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
your nose is perfectly fine.
lisalilsmartass
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

I checked your profile ... you're beautiful!!! I don't think you need a nose job
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.45%
No (81)
10.66%
I'm not old enough (326)
42.89%

Watched Threads