Can rep still be given for anonymous posts? Watch

HGMedic
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
As above - i.e. if someone posts anonymously and I rep them, will they still receive it, or is it pointless to rate anonymous posts?
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by HGMedic)
As above - i.e. if someone posts anonymously and I rep them, will they still receive it, or is it pointless to rate anonymous posts?
The actual member behind the Anonymous won't receive it, no. The only purpose served by rating Anonymous posts is to act as a visual indicator to others about how liked or disliked a post was, it doesn't actually affect anyone's actual reputation.
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, post ratings left for anonymous posts will go to the "Anonymous" account rather than the underlying member.
Potally_Tissed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Illusionary)
No, post ratings left for anonymous posts will go to the "Anonymous" account rather than the underlying member.
Out of interest, does the Anonymous account have normally functioning rep, or is it locked on one green gem?
Zottula
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
Out of interest, does the Anonymous account have normally functioning rep, or is it locked on one green gem?
I'm pretty sure I saw it on 2 gems the other day (or maybe it was a really pointless dream). Would also like to know the answer to this.
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Zottula)
I'm pretty sure I saw it on 2 gems the other day (or maybe it was a really pointless dream). Would also like to know the answer to this.
At the moment the Anonymous account still has normally functioning rep, but I'm not completely sure that's intended. We've raised the question with admin to check.
Zottula
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Illusionary)
At the moment the Anonymous account still has normally functioning rep, but I'm not completely sure that's intended. We've raised the question with admin to check.
I thought as much. So it's quite possible I wasn't imagining it when I saw anon with 2 green gems the other day. Seems a bit pointless to have normally functioning rep.
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I thought as much. So it's quite possible I wasn't imagining it when I saw anon with 2 green gems the other day. Seems a bit pointless to have normally functioning rep.
Pointless, but also harmless.
cambo211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anonymous surely can't have rep enabled. The amount of trolls will have knocked it miles into the red.
Zottula
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DayneD89)
Pointless, but also harmless.
Very true.
Potally_Tissed
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
Anonymous surely can't have rep enabled. The amount of trolls will have knocked it miles into the red.
Anonymous posts don't really get repped much, maybe it gets a high proportion of -0 reps as well :dontknow:
cambo211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anonymous posts don't really get repped much, maybe it gets a high proportion of -0 reps as well :dontknow:
I've seen a fair few of the non-reported troll threads with negs into the 20's :dontknow:
Potally_Tissed
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
I've seen a fair few of the non-reported troll threads with negs into the 20's :dontknow:
Maybe there's a supermod manually adjusting it from time to time :holmes:
cambo211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maybe there's a supermod manually adjusting it from time to time :holmes:
:iiam:
Zottula
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I swear I've seen anon with 2 gems before now. If I ever catch anon again with a change in rep I will print screen.
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've got an idea what may be happening here, but need to check something first...
sandys1000
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I swear I've seen anon with 2 gems before now. If I ever catch anon again with a change in rep I will print screen.
It has two gems atm.
Zottula
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sandys1000)
It has two gems atm.
So it does. Not just me then!
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Make the gems a lovely colour. Make them disco.
Imperial Blitz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
if we do rep an anonymous post then do we lose how many posts we can rep a day?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (117)
59.39%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
5.08%
No- I want it (56)
28.43%
No- I don't want it (14)
7.11%

Watched Threads