The Student Room Group

B&Q Interview Process

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey

Sorry for the random bump but ive got an interview with B&Q tomorrow for Replenishment :s-smilie:

I thought that would be the average stacking shelves kinda job but there wasnt an option for checkouts when i applied online

Anyway, anyone know what replenishment is all about?

Its only my second part time job (if i get it that is) and i was only looking for a easy decent job that would pay decent. Hopefully its not too bad or too demanding

Also, for the hours. Do they ask you to work Saturdays? I have a club thing that i go to every 2nd week and dont like to say i wouldnt like to work every Saturday

Sorry if that sounds stupid ^
lyndsay1986
checkouts suck it soooo boring working on them x

i agree, especially at b&q, just loadz of old people and pervy builders lol, but the people you work with makes a big difference...but i had to stand the whole time!
Hey can anyone please help me! :eek:

Ive got an interview in an hour and i dont know whether or not its casual or dressed up. My m8 told me it was casual but now im not so sure. It's for replenishment.
If you have an interview anywhere then be smart. Its always better to be overdressed for these things than underdressed!
Ive not got enough time to change now. Oh well.. Im kind of smart casual. Ill let u know how i get on :biggrin:
I have an interview to work on the trade counter on Thursday. I understand I will do some team exercises and then I will have to go down to the shop floor and approach customers and staff. Does anyone know what they will get me to aks the customers and staff?
Reply 26
Original post by chrispeters1000
I have an interview to work on the trade counter on Thursday. I understand I will do some team exercises and then I will have to go down to the shop floor and approach customers and staff. Does anyone know what they will get me to aks the customers and staff?

I too have an interview for the TradePoint department, but as a customer adviser. I'm sure the assessment day that I have been invited to would be similar to yours, could you please tell me what to expect? I'm really dreading it.. Not too good at interviews :frown:
I had a group interview for B&Q last week, we first started of with an activity which was telling one lie about ourself and one fact and the b&q team had to guess which was the lie and which was the truth, that was fun. Next they had got us in to 3 groups and we had to build a tower and balance a pen on top of it (our group won) we then had to go into another room and there was 5 scenarios and we had to explain what we would do in that situation (one of them was "what would you do if a customer came into the store and wanted a product we did not have"?), we then had to talk to the team individually and explain why we said the answers. We then had to pick a product, we had to stand up infront of everyone and we had to try sell it, and we then had to wait and see if we were selected to go through to the final interview and i did (but i thought i didnt as 5 people got called out first so the rest of us 5 thought we were going to go home, but instead they ended up going home and we had the interview), anyway they asked me loads of questions to do with myself and team work and questions like "can you work under pressure, what department would you like to work on?, if successfull what size would you be for shoes, tops and bottoms and now im just waiting for my response. Hope this helped. (The staff were so friendly, best group interview, waaaaaaay better than my morrisons group interview, b&q were more relaxed and made
is feel so much more comfortable whereas morrisons was just to boring and pressure.
Reply 28
Original post by Nataleen.marson
I had a group interview for B&Q last week, we first started of with an activity which was telling one lie about ourself and one fact and the b&q team had to guess which was the lie and which was the truth, that was fun. Next they had got us in to 3 groups and we had to build a tower and balance a pen on top of it (our group won) we then had to go into another room and there was 5 scenarios and we had to explain what we would do in that situation (one of them was "what would you do if a customer came into the store and wanted a product we did not have"?), we then had to talk to the team individually and explain why we said the answers. We then had to pick a product, we had to stand up infront of everyone and we had to try sell it, and we then had to wait and see if we were selected to go through to the final interview and i did (but i thought i didnt as 5 people got called out first so the rest of us 5 thought we were going to go home, but instead they ended up going home and we had the interview), anyway they asked me loads of questions to do with myself and team work and questions like "can you work under pressure, what department would you like to work on?, if successfull what size would you be for shoes, tops and bottoms and now im just waiting for my response. Hope this helped. (The staff were so friendly, best group interview, waaaaaaay better than my morrisons group interview, b&q were more relaxed and made
is feel so much more comfortable whereas morrisons was just to boring and pressure.

That was really helpful. Thanks :smile:
no ?
Reply 30
@Nataleen.marson - did you get the job and if so, do you remember how long it took them to contact you? I had an interview two days ago and was told I would be contacted in any event if I was unsuccessful I would get feedback. This was meant to happen within 48 hrs, but have heard nothing ...
Yes i got the job, i have been working there for just over 6months now and i love it! They replied back to me the following week, so i would give it a little more time:smile: @rigrunner
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 32
Got group interview today what is informal dress code ? Was thinking black jeans, t shirt, thin fleece and body warmer or is that too casual, thanks
Well, i wore a white blouse, formal black pleated skirt and tights with black dolly shoes! So yeah black jeans and a tshirt and formal shoes, leave the body warmer, just sounds as it will look a little to casual:smile:
Reply 34
Hi everyone I have had an email that I have an phone interview for b&q customer advisor tomorrow. Does anyone know what I need to expect? I'm so nervous I didn't think it'll be an phone interview. What kinds of questions are they gonna ask? :frown:
Original post by Sadia3212
Hi everyone I have had an email that I have an phone interview for b&q customer advisor tomorrow. Does anyone know what I need to expect? I'm so nervous I didn't think it'll be an phone interview. What kinds of questions are they gonna ask? :frown:

I had a telephone interview, this determines whether you are succesful to go through the group interview or not, they asked me questions like, "what could you bring to b&q, tell us about a time you have been praised from previous work, can u work under pressure, are u flexible, how would you decorate your house and things like that, mine was very relaxed, i felt so calm, only annoying point is that they called me very very early, but it was worth it😂🙈
Reply 36
Does anyone know what sort of things you would be asked in an interview for a job as a customer advisor - replenishment team? :smile:
Original post by luke_n
Does anyone know what sort of things you would be asked in an interview for a job as a customer advisor - replenishment team? :smile:

For replen im not to sure, probs questions on stock, what training you would need for example, fork lift , training to move the stock around, RF (used on a wireless device) training to find out where stock goes on the shop floor to all allocate them all, defo will ask if your flexible at night because you do hours such as 10pm- 2am sometimes longer if the job isnt done in time! Replen plays a big part of the store and its mainly all about putting out stock as quickly as you can and sorting them out in preperation for trading!
Hiya! I have my B&Q group interview tomorrow and was wondering if wearing black DMs is a bit too casual?
Thank you!
I just came off a phone interview with B&Q Leicester, and I applied for the Customer Advisor job. The interviewer was very nice and she said it was an informal interview.

Questions were:
Why do you want to work for B&Q?
What is good customer service?
Think of a time you had to work as part of a team, what do you think is important in teamwork?
What is the most helpful thing you have done this week?
Have you applied for any other jobs/are you expecting any othet interviews or job offers?
Why not weekends, what do you do? ( on the application form I said I wasn't really available at weekends)
Are you in college? Where? Studying what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending