Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Bio F215 exam (13 Jun 2011): your thoughts on it?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I know I'm making this on the 12th. But I'm just getting ready for the big exam. U see it's the exam, for most people that will make or break them. So, post Ur thoughts on whats gonna come up, how Your revising for it and once the exam is over: tell me ya thoughts!! Thanks. Good luck to u all. I need to get 138/150 UMS in this!!!

ReputationRep:
    ahhh panic! done so much revison for this!

ReputationRep:
    been revising this for a long time now... its murder, SO MUCH TO REMEMBER....AAAAAAHHHHH....

its virtually impossible for me to get an A* now...i need like 96%

Bad times....

ReputationRep:
    What topics do people think will come up? (:

ReputationRep:
    i think alot of ecology will come up for some reason!

ReputationRep:
    Meiosis and how it can increase genetic diversity cos i don't think thats come up yet
    Maybe the nitrogen cycle + succession too

ReputationRep:
    The OFFICIAL thread exists here please post there http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1581226

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intellectual1)
    The OFFICIAL thread exists here please post there http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1581226
    Haha that ones too full I think. Also it's for revision. My thread is about after the exam

ReputationRep:
    can they ask you a whole nitrogen cycle???

ReputationRep:
    OH wow this exam was good actually. But kinda boring. How did everyone do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemmajade)
    i think alot of ecology will come up for some reason!
    -.- dam you for being right.....

ReputationRep:
    Exam was pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Behaviour - 11 marks! Woop! I loved the second question. I doubt I got all the marks as my mind was like PFFT but I think I will have got most of them. And the tissue culture one was quite good although I missed out the callus cells part. What else? Oh yeah, and I ****ing hate ladybirds now. What did people get for the hardy principle test results, and what did people get for the % decrease for the wader birds? And were your DNA thingys: methionine, arginine, threomine and can't remember the other one.
    And also I just guessed pretty much the whole nitrogen cycle bit, and what the hell were the 2 processes that made the sheeps metabolism change? That was bugging me so much.

ReputationRep:
    love the fact like nothing came up :L

ReputationRep:
    Are there any body know how to answer the first question: the process of convertion from plant protein to animal protein?

ReputationRep:
    what did people put for the % decrease??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6761)
    Are there any body know how to answer the first question: the process of convertion from plant protein to animal protein?
    I said something about animals eating it, hydrolysed by lipase enzymes in stomach. (I think it's lipase but it's probably not) Amino acids absorbed in the gut. Protein synthesis. Translation assembles the amino acid to make protein. That was all i could think of.

ReputationRep:
    thatsa what i put!!! thank the lord, hope its right! and i got 233.9%?

ReputationRep:
    ps bino, uea is my firm too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemmajade)
    thatsa what i put!!! thank the lord, hope its right! and i got 233.9%?
    I think what you have got is an increasing. I have got 57.25%

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 20, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.