Turn on thread page Beta

A2 students - how many hours a day are you revising? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to do at least 1 or 2 if I can.

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'm not doing as much as I should because I haven't finished for Christmas yet and I've just got rid of loads of coursework. After I've finished (roll on tomorrow afternoon!) I'll probably do about 3 hours spread throughout the day, I won't do it all at once as I have a very short concentration span.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 6-8 hours every day this christmas holiday appart from 5 days. I have 9 exams in january and my offers are all AAA.

ReputationRep:
    tthis time last year i was doing more than 5 hours, i had 9 exams and got 5A 4B. around june i stepped up to nearly 10h a day

ReputationRep:
    Too many!!!!...so much to do ..arghhh!!

ReputationRep:
    I havent done any revision for my A2 exams if thats wat the poll is asking but im doin about 2-3 hrs a day approx. for all my exam resits

ReputationRep:
    None at the moment because I've had loads of coursework and stuff to do, but I broke up today, so starting tomorrow I'm aiming to do about 5 hours a day. I have 3 exams.

ReputationRep:
    Before Christmas, none. After Christmas, a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    not started for my A2 yet doing some revision for my psychology resit on jan 11th, have too much home ec coursework and books to read at the moment! was gonna do work today but its the first day of the holz so im just chillin!

ReputationRep:
    4-5 hrs a day. That suits me. Maybe half the time spent on revision, the other half doing past papers. Strangely, doing past papers before you've revised properly can be beneficial in jogging your memory and taking info in when you actually come to revise.
    I'll probably do this 5 days a week, and not everyday (need to make something of the holidays!).

ReputationRep:
    *cough* none.

However... i am planning to start tomorrow. About 5-6 hours tomorrow should do it til after boxing day when ill do another 5 hours or so... then ill be revising during my free lessons at college and all weekend before an exam

I procrastinate FAR too much. i was planning to start yesterday... but i couldnt be bothered.. then i was going to start today... but to be honest i cant work when my house if a mess... and its a tip at the moment. Im just so lazy!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think it's the quantity of revision that's important, it's more about what you actually do with your revision time. (well, thats my excuse anyway! :rolleyes: ) I just can't imagine slaving away for endless hours a day because I reckon that by midday i'll be so knackered anyway! And besides, it is called a 'holiday' after all, I say we might as well use it!

ReputationRep:
    It varies really, depends on the motivation for the day and the time i wake up. But it would average to about 3-4 hours.

I don't usually tend to measure it by hours, more about which modules i have done and topics.

I seem to start off well, with 1-2 hours. Then I spend another 2 or so but I only get as much done in those 2 as one hour before.

Unless exams are really close I can't work for too long. But my 3 hours or so now will increase more and more once into January.

I'm also doing more than I would do now usually because I'm going away for a week and know I wont get as much done then...

--------------

(Original post by silent ninja)
    4-5 hrs a day. That suits me. Maybe half the time spent on revision, the other half doing past papers. Strangely, doing past papers before you've revised properly can be beneficial in jogging your memory and taking info in when you actually come to revise.
    I'll probably do this 5 days a week, and not everyday (need to make something of the holidays!).
    Past papers before knowing a topic well is good because it forces you to think hard... if you're just making notes you keep looking to save yourself, but if you can't you do it on your own... and if I do it that way I tend to remember it.

That said I'm yet to bother with any past questions...

ReputationRep:
    Not enough by far. I only have one exam in January and am doing practise papers (they don't take long though) I really need to focus more and not get distracted with my computer etc. I think I may ask my parents to confiscate it for the June exams. At least that way I'll probably focus more!

ReputationRep:
    I started yesterday and am on about 2-3 hours a day but I have to sit 5 modules in January so it is not that much

ReputationRep:
    I've done bugger all for A2, apart from unit 4 chemistry as I'm taking that exam in Jan.

(Altough I do have unit 4 economics and business in jan as well, but that's not really a hard unit at all, so I havn't done anything on it)

ReputationRep:
    I'm still in chill mode. Today I sat on the sofa for half an hour and read biology, but nothing that actually constituted revision. After Christmas, I start! Hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Not as many as I should be..

ReputationRep:
    Have done nothing so far....I should really be doing some as I need strong marks in Physics and my two chemistry exams...i'll start tomorrow I swear

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.