St Andrews - Few Questions! Watch

ElWilson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi there,

I am looking over the Management course at St Andrews, and what is tying me down from it, is the somewhat historical yet perhaps boring buildings etc. I do know they have refurbished all of them with contempary furniture, but does it get boring at all, it looks pretty remote and how is the nightlife, also i'd like to find out basically the average number of students that study there per year.

Thanks. :tsr:
DenverDiva
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ElWilson)
Hi there,

I am looking over the Management course at St Andrews, and what is tying me down from it, is the somewhat historical yet perhaps boring buildings etc. I do know they have refurbished all of them with contempary furniture, but does it get boring at all, it looks pretty remote and how is the nightlife, also i'd like to find out basically the average number of students that study there per year.

Thanks. :tsr:
???????????? The School of Management is in The Gateway, the newest and poshest university building at St Andrews!
ElWilson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by DenverDiva)
???????????? The School of Management is in The Gateway, the newest and poshest university building at St Andrews!
Yes, yet how many students are in the entire university, I expect it to be campus based, is there a nearby town, shops etc.

???
Icecradle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Firstly, there's no 'campus'. The town *is* the campus so the university is spread over the whole town. St Andrews is a small town (3 main streets with mainly golfing/touristy shops and cafes), but Dundee is just a short bus-ride away and has enough shops to cater for any shopaholics needs. It also has a more interesting nightlife. I know some people go there occassionally.

There were 6841 students in 2004/2005 (last academic year). 1053 of those were post-grads.

As for your original post... I'm not sure what you mean by 'boring' buildings. They're lecture halls. Surely they're as interesting as your lectures/tutorials are. Plus I like the old architecture. tis pretty.

As was mentioned above, management is in the Gateway image. Which, as you can see, is extremely modern.

--------------

Oh, I forgot to mention that the nightlife in St Andrews isn't bad for a small town. plenty of pubs and the union has events on every night.
Skeve
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes the town is the campus, it is not a campus uni.
I do management, the Gateway building (360 degree virtual tour here http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/management/) is great, and the only school with a bar.
St Andrews has the most pubs per person in the UK, the nightlife is great fun, we all have an excellent time.
And the New Hall xmas party this year (700 people going clubbing in Dundee) was insane
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of St Andrews
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 6 Mar '19
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Mar '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Apr '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.48%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
41.19%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise