which newspaper is most respected?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
sollythewise
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
not which one do you read. which british newspaper is the most widely respected?

EDIT: a bit surprised that the times has only had one mention so far.
waltz2
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 years ago
The Daily Mail. Clearly.
proud nd luvin it
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Daily Telegraph!! :awesome:
Apollo11
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jeebus42)
The Daily Mail. Clearly.
Damn it! You got there before me :mad:
jvasos
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Respected:

Times, Telegraph, Financial Times, Independent, (Guardian)

The dregs:

The Daily Fail, Sun, Mirror etc
-aimz
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
The Guardian is pretty good, and The Times.
hrickards
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
The Guardian, but I'm biased because they sponsor all sorts of cool developer stuff.
PrettyFlower.x
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Blatantly 'The Sun'
tehFrance
Badges: 17
Report 10 years ago
The Financial Times and The Telegraph.
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
I read the Guardian.

The Independent is pretty good
lemmata
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
The Telegraph, the Guardian, the Independent, and the Financial Times are usually viewed as the most respectable UK papers. It's generally the left-leaning that favour the Guardian and the Independent and the right-leaning that favour the Telegraph and the FT. The Times was historically highly respected, but went to seed when News Intl bought it.
Steevee
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
The Guardian? :lolwut:

It's just the Daily Mail on the other side of the coin.

Personally, I think the Telegraph and Times are the most respectable papers.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
The Telegraph is certainly the most politically neutral, but any of The Guardian, Times or Telegraph are seen as decent newspapers
Aj12
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Would't call the Guardian respected tbh. No paper with a very clear bias should be seen as a respected newspaper.
lemmata
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
Would't call the Guardian respected tbh. No paper with a very clear bias should be seen as a respected newspaper.
It's widely respected by the general public, but I agree that I wouldn't overall respect a paper with such a pronounced leftist bias so as to publicly make collective pledges of political support (eg republicanism).
carpe diem 123
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Telegraph, or perhaps the Financial Times
The_Internet
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
The Telegraph is certainly the most politically neutral, but any of The Guardian, Times or Telegraph are seen as decent newspapers
I don't know. I read the independent and that seemed pretty neutral. They are a paper that tries quite hard not to push any political dogma in to the paper. The telegraph seems right wing, and the guardian seems left wing though I'd read both of those
W.H.T
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
The Independent
lemmata
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by de_monies)
I don't know. I read the independent and that seemed pretty neutral. They are a paper that tries quite hard not to push any political dogma in to the paper. The telegraph seems right wing, and the guardian seems left wing though I'd read both of those
I'd say that Britain has no truly neutral press; the Independent always comes over as having a slightly left-leaning editorial stance, and the Telegraph as definedly right-wing, though they're probably the most neutral major papers in the country.
User237126
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Based on readership: The Sun (Most read in Britain), The Daily Mail (Largest female readership).

Based on quality of the actual journalism: The Financial Times, The Guardian (sometimes).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.13%
The paper was reasonable (136)
37.16%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.51%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.21%

Watched Threads