The Student Room Group

Statistics GCSE Edexcel- Can i still get an A?

hello, I have done my statistics coursework a while ago now and i spent so much time on it! and only managed to come out with i think- 23, but my teacher said it was a C:frown: i am getting A*'s in maths and i just dont think it's fair that i cannot reach the same quality in statistics. If i have a C in the coursework- which is 25% how hard would it be or what score would i need in the exam to reach an A grade?:\ much appreciated
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
You would need 70/100 in exam to be safe
Reply 2
really that low? i was expecting like 85 or something:\ so say i got like 85 or 90, i would certainly have an A overall?
Reply 3
yeah I got about 26 in my stats coursework, we had to complete whole project in 1 week so couldn't finish it, and I wanted an A* in stats.

however the grade boundaries for stats are really low, an A* is about 80-85% and an A is about 70%.

So hopefully an A is achievable.
Reply 4
hmm, my teacher is a terrible one and she doesn't have a clue|-) hmm, i know the grade boundaries are really low in the exam, i'm just not sure how much the C in my coursework is going to weigh my final grade down:\ just a bit worried aha!
Reply 5
i have 30/40 in my statistics coursework can i still get an A* overall, and if i can what mark would i need to get in the exam to get A*? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending