Do you wear a seatbelt when driving a car? Watch

thomasp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
The other day I drove for the first time in about 4 months (been at uni and haven't had a car). Despite always wearing a seatbelt (and usually wearing them quite tight), I somehow forgot to put mine on when I was driving home.

I noticed when I had to brake relatively hard (on a street) and a started to slide forward in my seat :eek:

When I then put my belt back on, I suddenly realised how restrictive they are for regular driving.
Navajo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
About a year ago now my best mate died in a car crash, and for all you 40mph wont do anything people, I can tell you it does. There were four people in the car three of them were wearing seatbelts and one wasn't (no prizes for gessin who died, he was also the driver).

My other mate was in the front and he spent 3 weeks in intensive care. And now has serious mental difficulties with co-ordination.

So if anyone doesn't wear a seatbelt, then just think for a minute what will happen, think of your family and your freinds who have to go through more pain if you die.

Sorry to get serious, but it really gets to me if anyone doesn't wear a seat belt and drives fast. Ok it may be fun at the time but if it goes wrong then its not fun at all..
jovialtom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My brother was in a car crash with 3 friends, managed to flip the car over onto its roof. They all sustained bruising to the head because when they unclipped their seatbelts they all fell out of their chairs and hit their heads on the roof... if only they weren't wearing seatbelts then they would have been fine....

sorry im just so bored- think im going insane.... essays are killing me right now!
thomasp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I probably didn't go over 20mph, but braking sort of sharp from that to zero was enough to slide me forward in the seat - I wouldn't like to be doing 40 or more without a belt on...

I'm just glad I realised I didn't have it on before I got onto the dual carraigeway
aaal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I always do... I do it automatically as soon as I get into the car, and make sure everyone else is wearing theirs before I set off.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (178)
18.74%
No (573)
60.32%
Not really bothered about them (199)
20.95%

Watched Threads