Turn on thread page Beta

Ideal Girl watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    And yes i agree with the pink top comment - If you want to make your breasts look smaller, wear bottle green

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indus1986)
    Just got neg repped with a comment "you should like people that are good people regardless of looks"... What a FRUIT CAKE.

If you are happy going out with medusa then good luck to you, may you produce many spawn of satan. But don't beat down on people who would like to go out with someone resembling the female form.

No initial relationship would last unless there is some sort of physical attraction, no matter how slight.
    You're a bully of the highest kind and the world would be better without sick people like you actually you're not even a person you're just evil

ReputationRep:
    Ever thought about going to therapy?... it could be beneficial.
    Indus1986, I don't think that was called for! All Philadelphia was saying was that he wanted a girl who was nice, as in kind, etc. I think is what he is saying. Looks aren't anything, and, in any case, they say that love is blind. I don't think that his saying that (which is a perfectly valid opinion) calls for you to reply like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kb500)
    We have scarily similar tastes lol although I have a sneaking preference for blonde over brunette...
    Haha, well, i like blondes too- depends. Keira Knightly would be good! But how she is in love actually.

ReputationRep:
    Just got neg repped with a comment "you should like people that are good people regardless of looks"... What a FRUIT CAKE.

If you are happy going out with medusa then good luck to you, may you produce many spawn of satan. But don't beat down on people who would like to go out with someone resembling the female form.

No initial relationship would last unless there is some sort of physical attraction, no matter how slight.
    That's not true. Love and physical attaction / passion are entirely different things! I would think that if you went for a relationship because of passion / physical attraction, it's not going to last long! Because they're definitely not going to look the same when they're 70 or 80!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philadelphia)
    You're a bully of the highest kind and the world would be better without sick people like you actually you're not even a person you're just evil
    Ok this may not win me many friends but I have to stick up for Indus1986 here. I think the point he was making is that the vast majority of people find it very hard to believe that looks play no part in attraction (maybe he went a little bit too far with the spawn of satan thing...) However I do think you are taking it a little bit too personally, can't really see why he a sick person or evil/sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kb500)
    Ok this may not win me many friends but I have to stick up for Indus1986 here. I think the point he was making is that the vast majority of people find it very hard to believe that looks play no part in attraction (maybe he went a little bit too far with the spawn of satan thing...) However I do think you are taking it a little bit too personally, can't really see why he a sick person or evil/sick.
    I agree. Indus was certainly a bit harsh, but then Philadelphia was really harsh. He's not bullying you! He's questioning whether you would really 100% love an ugly girl who was nice, then you went over the top. I'm inclined to agree with his suspicions...

Do you call everyone who doesn't share your viewpoint and/or questions your ideas 'evil', 'sick' and 'the spawn of satan'?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by lesser weevil)
    That's not true. Love and physical attaction / passion are entirely different things! I would think that if you went for a relationship because of passion / physical attraction, it's not going to last long! Because they're definitely not going to look the same when they're 70 or 80!!!
    A relationship without physical attraction is called a friendship.

ReputationRep:
    It was meant to be a lighthearted comment. I don't see where you are going with the whole "sick/evil" thing, cna you please explain how you reached your conclusion?... Is it sick/evil to find people attractive?!... what is the world coming to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kb500)
    What traits do guys look for in their ideal girl?

For me it would be: Intelligence
    Looks ( ideally blonde hair green eyes lol)
    Ambition
    Sense of Humour
    Private School
    Sporty but not overly so

The above are listed in order of importance, I know this has been done to death but just wanted to see people's thoughts on this.
    You'd only date someone who went to private school?

--------------

(Original post by Simplex-Designs)
    Perfect, Nobody's perfect - espically me - so I don't look for the "perfect" girl either, so the main thing would be personality, and of course the first thing that will attract you to someone you don't know will be their looks, so I suppose that plays a part too.
    That's the politically correct thing to say.

Most people surely must judge on looks, initially.

Besides, when people say "personality", what do they mean? What's a "good" personality?!

For what it's worth, my type is someone with long dark hair, a good body, tall and can at least be someone whom you can talk to and get something back.

ReputationRep:
    It was meant to be a lighthearted comment. I don't see where you are going with the whole "sick/evil" thing, cna you please explain how you reached your conclusion?... Is it sick/evil to find people attractive?!... what is the world coming to.
    u r a sic evl bing hu only lykes grls if their prety

Please. Philadelphia - don't be silly. He was expressing an opinion - he's not evil.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=zooropa]You'd only date someone who went to private school?

No but my preference would be, not restricted to by any means.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but to the two people who gave me neg reps for this thread, seriously what is your problem get a life people! What exactly is so controversial about this thread/my comments...

ReputationRep:
    Some of the best girls I know are thick.

ReputationRep:
    intelligent
    interesting
    intriguing.

MB

ReputationRep:
    All of you have no sweetheart now. Sure When you love someone, you'll 4get all those standards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magna *** laude)
    Slim/Skinny and toned

Beautiful Face

Public Schooled
    :rofl: I admire your optimism.

As a guy I know said "A girl can either be beautiful, or brainy, but not both"

He squirmed when I asked which one of his two descriptions his fiance was :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Nice face, humour, intelligence, and err cute voice (sorry, I have a thing about that )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    Some of the best girls I know are thick.
    What do you consider as best though becuase if they are thick they wouldnt be considered best by me especially in the context we are discussing.

--------------

(Original post by Firebird)
    Ideal guy:
    Tall - 6'2" and over
    Slim but muscular
    Muscular legs
    No beer belly
    Nice hair, either longish or short and styled, any colour's good but I like brown or auburn, curly is cute as well
    Nice eyes, any colour
    Good skin
    White, straight teeth
    Kissable lips!
    Not hairy
    Intelligent, preferably scientist
    Friendly but not overly confident
    Likes similar sports and has similar interests
    Equally happy going out or staying in
    Must like cuddling!
    Sponateous
    Fun
    Humourous - very important to be able to have a laugh
    Has to be as clean as me
    Tidy and preferably to the point of being a neatfreak like me

That's my ideal person, I've already got quite close to that; we're working on the tidiness one though.
    Is there not a seperate thread for this lol...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.