Primark: love it or hate it? Watch

viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Their undies are crap quality unless you get the plain ones IMO. I got some plain black ones ages ago and they've lasted well but I got a set of frog ones (so cute) and they holed after 2 washes.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Socrates)
Said like a regular goer. Visit on saturday if you don't intend on buying. Otherwise be prepared to queue for upto 2 hours.
In ours all the muppets queue in the ladies section when if you go to kids theres never a queue.
Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
In ours all the muppets queue in the ladies section when if you go to kids theres never a queue.
I got lucky last week. I went in on Saturday and they just opened up 3 new tills in the ladies bit. So I raced over there and was out in 5 mins.
shopaholic_soph
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Their undies are crap quality unless you get the plain ones IMO. I got some plain black ones ages ago and they've lasted well but I got a set of frog ones (so cute) and they holed after 2 washes.
i don't think i would ever buy underwear from there, u never know who's gonna see it and u don't want a big primark label sticking out either!
dancingqueen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I quite like it for disposable type fashion and accessories, but saying that, it annoys me how messy everything is in there, and obviously you don't get the kind of nice store layout of topshop or debenhams etc. I like to mix primark stuff with my more expensive stuff, I couldn't imagine wearing it head to toe for some reason.
lovelee-jublee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We're getting one built in our local shopping centre (they took over Index I believe?) and we've got one in Hemel. I quite like it, but I'd never go in actually looking for something in particular -I'd be there all day sorting through! It's good for impulse buying, if you see something you know you'll be able 2 afford it!!! :p:

But I hate the layout...it's a bit like Claire's Accessories - way too many things in a small space. And also nothing is on hangers, everything is folded, so when someone picks something up to look at they never fold it back up so it looks trampy. And lots of old dears go there too
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by shopaholic_soph)
i don't think i would ever buy underwear from there, u never know who's gonna see it and u don't want a big primark label sticking out either!
yeah agreed but i don't wear my "time of the month" undies when I'm likely to get lucky
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I quite like the pyjamas from there though. I usually get a pair for Christmas from my dear old Nan
lostinfantasies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I bought three vest-y type tops from there, they've been washed oodles of times, and surprisingly they've not lost their shape nor have they shrunk!
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by morningtheft)
I'd like it better if they carried my size.
In mine they stock 8 up to 20 which is the same as most high street stores. The 8s can either be really big or hideously small though
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Do they do size 4???
:rolleyes:
shopaholic_soph
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
At first I thought Primark was an old granny shop :confused:
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Little granny or otherwise, cheap clothes + poor student = happy me
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
its ok i guess

i just hate going in there cos the clothes are always on the floor etc

so i prefer to go to h&m especially cos 2 of my best friends work there lol
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The clothes being scattered absolutely everywhere is a put off.
belle_27
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Too big, too much in too small a space, too many people = scared me!!!! It has some nice stuff if you're willing to spend the time in there but as of yet I'm not too impressed.
Rainbow_Chick
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think its a good shop when you have not got much money to spend.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Primark is great. I did stop short of buying my suit from there though . Its good for undies as well and stuff like t-shirts and jeans where the brand dosn't matter. For coats I think you do get what you pay for so I avoid avoid getting from Primark.
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah their suits are a bit naff. Coats are ok, but you can get better if you're willing to spend a bit more elsewhere (I got mine in Burton and they gave 20% student discount )
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads