Turn on thread page Beta

Primark: love it or hate it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Love it! I dont buy many clothes from there but Im always buying underwear, tights, accessories+ basic tops from there. They also do great baby clothes which is a bonus considering one of my friends has just had a baby.

The only thing I hate about Primark is that it seems that some customers in there have a massive panic about getting stuff- on quite a few occassions Ive seen people arguing over clothes- " I picked it up first!" etc. Sometimes it seems as though people just grab things for the sake of it!

ReputationRep:
    i love how when someone buys something from primark n people ask where it is from they are always reluctant to say!

i also love how people have 'better' names for it too, like primarchay or primarni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shopaholic_soph)
    i love how when someone buys something from primark n people ask where it is from they are always reluctant to say!

i also love how people have 'better' names for it too, like primarchay or primarni
    Really!? I've never heard it called that before!!!

ReputationRep:
    I havent been in yet, but we're having one in mansfield v soon in place of littlewoods woohoooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shopaholic_soph)
    Hehe.

Often people do hesitate but as a student I always say: "beggars can't be choosers"

ReputationRep:
    I like it fine for a few bits and bobs but i think you have to know that the stuff doesnt last. I mean you get what you pay for. The socks are good thought. The underwear just looks cheap.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really matter though does it - if you're paying like 5 quid for something, you won't mind buying another one 3 months down the line.

ReputationRep:
    Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it!

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE primark. I am currently only wearing Primark pants, but I'm usually wearing like 5 items of primark. Why? cause im BROKE.
    I cant wear the trousers though cause the childrens sizes dont have hips but the adult sizes are too big.

ReputationRep:
    All about getting PJ's from there,

ReputationRep:
    If somebody asks and I got them from Primark I won't hide it why should I? Why should I hide the fact that the only reason I can afford to be in the pub right now is because I have bouht my jeans from Primark for example?

ReputationRep:
    i love it, me and my friend go there alot. why buy jeans for 30 quid when they are 10/15 in primark? :eek:
    brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, some things I have found to be poor quality from Primark but undies and jeans are not one of them. I have Primark jeans on now, they are great.

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo! Underwear in Primark and stuff like that is just as good as anything in Topshop etc, just cheaper ! And Peacocks....Woop!! Plus in peacocks you can get 10% discount for being a student tooo!! Talk about the rewards!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    It doesn't really matter though does it - if you're paying like 5 quid for something, you won't mind buying another one 3 months down the line.
    Exactly. I don't get much from there but every now and then to save money its fine. Then if I only wear it a couple of times it doesn't matter so much.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Nothing beats the feel of wearing a new garment IMO

ReputationRep:
    Never been in a primark?

ReputationRep:
    You aren't a proper student then!

ReputationRep:
    It has its moments.

It's ***** at the moment - full of total tack, but you can pick up some bargain staples such as fitted t-shirts and accessories though.

ReputationRep:
    i love primark...sometimes there are actaully some good things in there for a cheap price.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.