Badges: 13
Report 12 years ago
Its reasonable.
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm scared of the quality. I did buy some stuff there a few years ago but it was nasty.
Jingaling
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I like primark sometimes, for example holiday clothes or fashionable stuff that'll last you a few months.

I can't get to like the mass amounts of people looking to push me over and also the store layout. I feel so sorry for all the staff that work there. I work in Matalan, and we're not shifting half the stuff they do and it's hell!

Also I nearly passed out in the summer waiting in a queue .... just too many people in there :O
sr4470
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
I'm scared of the quality. I did buy some stuff there a few years ago but it was nasty.
Well when you're on a low budget you cant be fussy.
hanadeka2002
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not a fan.
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sr4470)
Well when you're on a low budget you cant be fussy.
Yar, so I go for sales in okish shops.
DartsOfPleasure
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I love it! Usually I just buy jewellery or camisoles from there, but on the weekend I got a pair of jeans. They fit so well, better than all my other pairs which I paid more for. We'll just have to see how long they last for though. Also, there's this velvet jacket that I had my eye on but no decent sizes. I might go again tomorrow to see if they have some more in
button16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have bought a few things from there, only problem is the sizing is a bit mental and they don't do petite.
DartsOfPleasure
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sometimes they'll have the extreme ends of the size scale - size 6 and then size 20.
sr4470
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DartsOfPleasure)
Sometimes they'll have the extreme ends of the size scale - size 6 and then size 20.
Hmm yeah, its annoying when you're in between sizes.
*starry_eyed_*
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hate it with a passion. used to work there and since leaving there, have only been there once, (today) there is nothing good in there
oh_wow_lovely
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by JellyBellyBaby)
What day does Primark get stock in?
some get new stock every day.

i gotta love it. where else would i be able to get skinny jeans for £10?

(Original post by viviki)
Their undies are crap quality unless you get the plain ones IMO. I got some plain black ones ages ago and they've lasted well but I got a set of frog ones (so cute) and they holed after 2 washes.
ive got pink and black polka dot undies and black french knickers from there and they've both lasted ages!
oh_wow_lovely
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Their undies are crap quality unless you get the plain ones IMO. I got some plain black ones ages ago and they've lasted well but I got a set of frog ones (so cute) and they holed after 2 washes.
ive got pink and black polka dot undies and black french knickers from there and they've both lasted ages!
DartsOfPleasure
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^ I agree! The skinny jeans that I got were £12
Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's crap, parallels TJ Hughes IMO.

I'm sorry but it is! How can you love it?! It's cheap tat. I walked straight in, stayed for 2 minutes and left. It's just bland crap.

Meh. TK Maxx, on the other hand, has some bargains to be had!
Lady_Muck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The shop itself is a nightmare. Working in Accessorize and seeing our rotas and our stringent 'standards' of greeting every customer, keeping everything absolutely ridiculously tidy I cringe when I go into the messy abyss that is!

Clothes on the other hand - amazing. I pity anyone who 'won't' shop there. Idiots, quite honestly!
Niaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i buy things like PJs
i get my fishnets from there cos there cheap and i always get them caught so go through loads of pairs
i would buy clothes but the hastle of trying things on in there on a saturday scares me
Twaffy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I like their animal pants but hate everything else.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I ain't bought anything from Primark since just before I went off to uni...that was nearly 4 and a half years ago.

But to be honest I don't think we had one up in York. But this might be changing now: the Littlewoods shop is closing and I think Primark will be moving in (we're also just about to get a H&M in the city too...about time is all I say lol).

So anyway, to the other guys in this thread, what is it really like in Primark for men's clothes? Is it worth my while going in to take a look. After all I do like a good bargain when buying clothes......
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There isn't a Primark in Edinburgh I feel like I'm missing out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
27.07%
No (458)
72.93%

Watched Threads