Avce Ict Unit 19 Watch

This discussion is closed.
b4bes
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
hi there,

is ne1 else stuck on finding things for task 2? we are finding it really hard, wondering if any1 had found anything?

researching the latest in robotics and artificial intelligence

the use of robots as:-
a.) air stewards
b.)cleaners and maintenence "staff"
c.)engineers making internal and external repairs to the space craft.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
that task is so difficult i have found some sites for cleaning and maintennace but none on air stewards. u had ne luck?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Im doing theis aswell - could u please send me info on the maintencace part - im really stuck!!!!!!! Tahnks alot. My adress is [email protected]
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I am another person doing this damn assingment and cant find anything on air stewards, what search engines are people using? try using one you havent used before. If anyone does find anything could you please email, me at [email protected]
thanks!!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
me and my mates can't find anything on the stewards part its really annoyin, but i've done it have been predicted an A so ha ha ha ha
sweeti
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
This subject is hard, there is no books to revise from, does anyone know any websites where you can get info to revise. Unit 19 Impact of Computers in Society help cause the exam is next friday
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
We are stuck as well so if you have any sugesstions please let us know!!!!!Glastry chicks.
sweeti
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Hi, i found a past paper from edecel website and if you go to this site they will give you some more info

http://www.northallertoncoll.org.uk/...ce/default.htm

this collage is realy gud, they have a lot of info

Gud luck
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
help! this avce xam is on FRIDAY!!im the worlds worst student for studying! will someone out there help me...wat can i do for impact of computers in society?!?! im stuck!like, i mean WAT DO I DO???do i have to collect info r sumfin?!?! someone out there decent enuf to write back to me!>!?!?!?!?
fanx!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
ur screwed girl!!
i mean.. it take it this is a girl right???
only girls are this unorganised!
sorry! cant help ya! apart from, look at your specifications!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hi Guys, some info u may find useful for unit 19.
This unit should be a joy for anyone interested in SciFi
Firstly u are looking at the subject in the wrong way. and as such u cannot find anything.
Lets take airstewards in a space flight searching for info on the internet won't bring many hits!
k Firstly identify what they do
then can you think of anything that is about that can do that now.
So what do airstewards do firstly they
meet and greet the passengers
whats involved there
recognising a ticket or a person
then directing them to their seat.
so technology wise we have at airports at the moment face recognition for terrorists which match known faces this will alert customs to the possibility of stopping that person
so make your airsteward have this ability you don't have tyo say how just that itdoes exist.
can machines talk now?
sure they can think of all of the voice recognition systems that phone call centres are using. Modern call centres can direct you by your voice to the correct service its more advanced than the press button 1 for sales press button 2 for accounts etc.
For goodness sake you can do that with your mobiles now dialin a m8 at a voice command (look up voice recognition on the net) aparently a voice is like a finger print takes 5-10 seconds to reconise and can be done from the other side of the world. As far as you are concerned your passenger can introduce him/herself to the robot identification would take place it could speak (creative sound blaster cards have this abiity for year)
This is an easy unit folks if you break the tasks down as above and think of what can be done now.
Have you seen the minority report?
Here Reaves is using a control room to control the computer. IT is a hologram by touching the menus in front of him it is just like using your mouse. except that is 2 dimensional the icons are just coloured dots on a screen but it apparently allows you to start and control your computer. k how do you control something in front of your face think of the mimio white board that uses ultra sound to note the postion of the marker think of the smart board where you can use a finger to draw and control the menus.
Its not such a leap of faith is it to see a more sophisticated laser show that can display a desktop in front of you rather that xmas decorations in the sky.
Anyone see Spy Game with Robert Redford the other week on Sky. The americans use the mission board to track and display threats on a perspex like board that is often seen in submarine control rooms but these are computer generated and can display what they want this is available now.
One of my students said about message board. Hope this has been a little help. Graham
Oh by the way think of the apache helicopter it has a HUD (head up displayand the facility to track the eye movement this allows the gatling gun to track where ever he looks (task 4) try a search for heat seeking another of my students found an excellent site with methods I'd never dreamed of for locating targets
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
WE LOVE YOU!!!!!
THANKS!!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
me and nats are tryin to do all this pre released material b4 the exam and we are really stuck on task 2 but nats sed we dnt giv a fcuk. looooooooool ryt we goin to get a drink hehe............................ ........luk for uz nats me crusin down the westside in her 306 metalic turquoise turbo diesel. lmao she jus passed her test cya's
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
the pre-release material is well odd innit, as for the lass with the 306 goes, i wouldnt bother, you will only get laughed at, after all its french :P
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
u ****in cheecky **** we'll bite your bell end off with nats teeth u obviously dont no who we are lots of luv ur local hooligans the T.L.B xxxxxxxxxx
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
haha, innit just...
you men go cruising in ya 306
i will stay at home and eat pot noodle
i sooooo wanna be like you..
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Look @ all ya in u'r 306's and ****. can't even aford to buy a proper car. Beat diz i iz driving a Benz CL500......

Come back when u got a phat car
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
does any1 know any answers 2 unit 19 task 3 and 4.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
how old u tho.. me driving a fiesta zetec-s at the age of 17"...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (69)
29.87%
No - I got the required grades (131)
56.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.42%

Watched Threads