The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Your college has a responsibility to do it for you I believe. However you can also do it through the local council: http://www.cambridge.gov.uk/ccm/navigation/about-the-council/elections/electoral-registration/ (note if you are at girton you need south cambridgshire not cambridge council
Reply 2
rofl @ Girton

ok cheers :smile:
Reply 3
I'll certainly be doing so (if I get in that is), got to get the bloody Lib Dems out.
Reply 4
morgangills
I'll certainly be doing so (if I get in that is), got to get the bloody Lib Dems out.

Amen :smile:

--------------

~Raphael~
rofl @ Girton

ok cheers :smile:

I noticed the other day that the boundaries are drawn in a way to keep girton out of cambridge as well (the electoral boundary pretty much circles around girton) Not sure whether the person drawing up the boundaries was a former student and thought it would be funny to keep girton out of cambridge or whether there is another more boring reason like that would put too many people in cambridge constituency
Reply 5
The whole girton thing is ridiculous really. I suspect, and always have done, that the fact that it was the first womens' college is responsible for most of the wierdness surrounding it. I'd be quite interested to find out when those boundaries were decided.
Reply 6
naelse
The whole girton thing is ridiculous really. I suspect, and always have done, that the fact that it was the first womens' college is responsible for most of the wierdness surrounding it. I'd be quite interested to find out when those boundaries were decided.
I think it's more likely to do with controlling the population in the constituency or something, since Girton does have people living there, after all. If this map is correct, the noble people of Milton probably have more reason to feel oppressed, since the constituency boundary teases them by reaching out to include the sewage works.

The boundaries were, according to Wikipedia, likely to have been reviewed in the early 1990s. And it's proposed that Cambridge's boundary be extended to include all of Cherry Hinton (it's overgrown, apparently) and Trumpington. Girton and Milton don't seem to get a look in :frown:

Which is understandable, really, since Cambridge kind of peters out when you get up there but you can't really tell where Cherry Hinton begins. Or I can't anyway.

Maybe I should go to bed.
Reply 7
but newnham has people living there too...
Reply 8
I think the only problem with Girton college in this regard is it having been put (relatively) in the middle of nowhere. The electoral boundaries for Cambridge not including Girton are probably more to do with Girton being a village that's not in Cambridge.

Latest

Trending

Trending