The Student Room Group

GCSE Students - What subjects will you take for A-Levels?

Scroll to see replies

Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Spanish and maybe Physics or Further Maths (probably Physics). I might just stick to 4 though. :dontknow:
Original post by i am god ovbz
Thinking of picking Maths, Bio, Further Maths and either Chemistry or physics (not sure which one to do, any advice is welcomed)

Chemistry. Works better with Biology.
Reply 342
Original post by i am god ovbz
Thinking of picking Maths, Bio, Further Maths and either Chemistry or physics (not sure which one to do, any advice is welcomed)

Do you have a future career in mind? Physic compliments Maths and chemistry compliments bio.
Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Computing.
Original post by Mr Young
if you don't want to go to uni and straight into a firm I guess it would be quite practical as it shows you have knowledge etc.

But if you are thinking of going to a good uni within russel group then change it to maths. it will get taught to you in uni with a much better understanding.

I was heavily contemplating attending uni in Melbourne, if i can't sort out an apprenticeship at an accountancy firm.
Reply 345
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology
Reply 346
Original post by danb_nhkn
purity.png

Perfect illustration!
Spanish, History, Maths and maybe Chemistry.
Reply 348
English Literature, History, Economics and Photography.

Bare in mind that the latter will be dropped for A2 :smile:
Reply 349
Original post by gravitationalpull
Chemistry. Works better with Biology.

Other way round.
Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and English Literature

Too excited, it's unreal :wink:
Reply 351
So, what is everyone in Year 11 planning to take next year?

I will talk either of the following two :

Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Economics
Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry

If I think I can handle it then I might do 5 AS levels and cut down to 4 in A2. Only time will tell.

Definitely Spanish, German,

and maybe History, English Literature and Maths AS

This will probably change though :biggrin:

I would like to study either History or Law in a Russell Group Uni
Reply 352
English Lit, Psychology, Media Studies and History hopefully xD
Original post by fletchdd02
Other way round.

True
Reply 354
revising for Cold War exam resit excellent song to compliment the potsdam conference when truman walks in with his atomic bomb report:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkUyvA-DaM0
Reply 355
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Further Maths (I'm self teaching maths) and maybe Food Tech. Anyone else taking food tech next year? :smile:
Reply 356
Edexcel. Apparently Edexcel is harder than OCR. That's the general opinion of sixth formers I've talked to.

no way salters is way harder i would know i just did it this year and seriously i wouldn't advise taking on more than you need to get into uni because at the start of the year i was all like i predict myself AAAA by the end i was thinking ill be happy with B's lool when people told me the jump was big last year i thought they were lying but i was wrong it requires so much more of your brain and more attention to detail so pick subject carefully
Reply 357
Original post by aggie30
no way salters is way harder i would know i just did it this year and seriously i wouldn't advise taking on more than you need to get into uni because at the start of the year i was all like i predict myself AAAA by the end i was thinking ill be happy with B's lool when people told me the jump was big last year i thought they were lying but i was wrong it requires so much more of your brain and more attention to detail so pick subject carefully

don't mean to sound thick but what's salters?
Reply 358
i'm taking history, english literature, politics, and philosophy.
Reply 359
Original post by jamespaton
There is not a chance in hell i'm taking a science, after the 3 excruciating years of science i've endured at my godforsaken hell hole of a school, haha. :P
i was thinking of dropping law for AS, so that'd probably be a good idea?
And also, places at Uni's are going to be greater than ever for our year, as i can't see many people paying £9k a year!

I totally see where you're coming from as I absolutely hate Biology and Physics but I find Chemistry alright, so I will take it for AS and drop.
Anyways. It's up to you. You are the one who has to go through the next two years with the subjects you take. Just try and get good grades and you should be fine hopefully!
Going to the people not wanting to pay 9K a year. Remember they can get government loans and pay it all back when they start to earn around £21k per year. And if most people get good jobs then they shouldn't have to worry, so don't think of that as a "1-up" hehe ;DD
Also, doing that uni place in Melbourne, sounds like a dream tbh. the whole lifestyle around that idea is amazing. It's your life, do what you want. :smile:)))))
If you need any more help, don't feel hesistant to PM me. :smile:)
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest