The Student Room Group

GCSE Students - What subjects will you take for A-Levels?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
I think I'm going to take maths, chemistry biology & history. I want to take physics as well but my school wont let us do 5 subjects :/ I want to study medicine at uni - do these subjects sound like they will be the right choice for that?
Reply 941
Original post by Jas1
I think I'm going to take maths, chemistry biology & history. I want to take physics as well but my school wont let us do 5 subjects :/ I want to study medicine at uni - do these subjects sound like they will be the right choice for that?

yes
Original post by Jas1

I wanna do them too xD
Reply 943
WOW i guess the humanities are really neglected on TSR.:frown:

History
English Lit
Philosophy
Economics
Economics, Business Studies, ICT and Criminology ;o
Math (Statistics), Chemistry, Biology, Physcology OR Computing (Dependant on what school I go)
Reply 946
Original post by j.alexanderh
Maths + Further, Physics, Japanese, Music.

Expecting to see lots of enthusiastic future music students, I haven't come across many so far.

Edit: WHY IS NO-ONE DOING MUSIC?

I love music :smile: I would have done it if my school had decent teachers :L They don't know what they're talking about so :/
Maths, Economics, Psychology, Spanish and A2 Turkish (As I will be doing my AS this year- I'm in year 11)
I may have to do Further Maths in my second year instead of dropping a subject :smile:
Reply 948
Fun times when you are all doing hardcore subjects. I'm doing maths, biology, english language and religous studies, I was thinking of changing english or RS to chemistry. But I don't think i'll be able to cope with hard subjects. What do you think guys?
Original post by dippers
Fun times when you are all doing hardcore subjects. I'm doing maths, biology, english language and religous studies, I was thinking of changing english or RS to chemistry. But I don't think i'll be able to cope with hard subjects. What do you think guys?

It depends on what you are hoping to study at university.
What are you hoping to study?
Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Geography! :smile:
Maths, History, Economics and French (possibly Further Maths)

Interested in doing Economics :tongue: or maybe History (with French, if it's available).
I'm taking English language, Law, Psychology and History :smile:
I'm doing Biology, Maths, History and Classics.

Am I the only one doing Classics? I think it looks really interesting
Original post by Jas1

if you want to do medicine i would recommend you drop history after As or possible consider swapping history for physics :-)
Reply 955
English (lit), Politics, History and Philosophy. :smile: the number of essays that should bring will be interesting.... Humanities :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I've probably already posted but...
OCR Chemistry
AQA Biology and Economics
Politics - exam board = ?

And I am proud to say that four individually coloured wallets are labelled and ready to be used come the summer, when I start the introductory work set by the college.
Blue for Chem, clear for Bio, pink for Politics and purple for Eco... so geekily GORGEOUS!

:sexface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Alexandra's Box
OCR Chemistry
Edexcel History (Modern)

And I am proud to say that four individually coloured wallets are labelled and ready to be used come the summer, when I start the introductory work set by the college.
Blue for Chem, clear for Bio, pink for History and purple for Eco... so geekily GORGEOUS!

wohoo I'm not the only stationary mad and crazily organised year 11 on here! :biggrin: I'm taking Maths, German and Sociology AQA and Economics Edexcel and although I haven't bought anything yet, I have started thinking about colour-coding, where I'm going to put notes etc. :lol:
Reply 958
History, English Literature, Latin, Ancient Greek, French (+General Studies)
:smile:
Original post by Alexandra's Box
OCR Chemistry
Edexcel History (Modern)

Blue for Chem, clear for Bio, pink for History and purple for Eco... so geekily GORGEOUS!

Original post by thatgirlbecky
wohoo I'm not the only stationary mad and crazily organised year 11 on here! :biggrin: I'm taking Maths, German and Sociology AQA and Economics Edexcel and although I haven't bought anything yet, I have started thinking about colour-coding, where I'm going to put notes etc. :lol:

Yay! I'm not the only one who loves my stuff to be all organised well in advance! Still need to decide on colours for each subject :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest