Period pain Watch

Sunofnight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
My girlfriend had it really bad this morning after she came round and was wriggling all over the couch cause she said it went worse if she kept still, I gave her paracetamol which she wouldn't take and a hot water bottle which she wouldn't use cause she said she wanted to be cool :confused:
This lasted for about 45 minutes I told her to lie down but she was crawling all over the chairs wouldn't keep still, is this normal?? She was kinda scared as well saying things like 'i wanna be someone else' she thought it would never go away. Is something wrong do you think or do you think she was over reacting?
Pippi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Period pains come in all shapes and sizes. Some are totally unbearable and moving about can help, others hurt just moving a little. Sorry to say you do wish you were someone else at times when it is bad.
She really should have had the pain killers. Maybe she just wanted a little loving instead. A hug can go a long long way.
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No it's normal. But not using a hot water bottle etc, is daft!

I guess it depends on wether you want to be cool or pain free!
Sunofnight
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pippi)
Period pains come in all shapes and sizes. Some are totally unbearable and moving about can help, others hurt just moving a little. Sorry to say you do wish you were someone else at times when it is bad.
She really should have had the pain killers. Maybe she just wanted a little loving instead. A hug can go a long long way.
She told me to stop speaking cause it made her worse! Maybe but I might have made it worse :confused:
Pippi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sonofdork)
She told me to stop speaking cause it made her worse! Maybe but I might have made it worse :confused:
Ha ha, sorry to laugh but us women can be the most annoying of the species whe we are suffering with period pains. You won't have made it worse honest.
sr4470
Badges: 13
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Pippi)
Ha ha, sorry to laugh but us women can be the most annoying of the species whe we are suffering with period pains. You won't have made it worse honest.
A hug and some reassurance can go a long way

Or at least thats what I've found through experience...
Sunofnight
Rep:
?
Shes quite funny with stuff like this when she gets anxious or stressed Ive not to say certain things cause they make her worse, though from what I saw periods pain is the worst thing ever!!!

--------------

(Original post by Fluffy)
No it's normal. But not using a hot water bottle etc, is daft!

I guess it depends on wether you want to be cool or pain free!
well she wouldn't keep still anyway lol, glad im a guy
oh_wow_lovely
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
when i have cramps i take "feminax" it really does work miracles!
sr4470
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by faketales)
Never heard of that :confused:
alio~
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by faketales)
How long does it take to work? I take mefanemic acid but it takes about 40 mins.
kinza75
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
it can really hurt sometimes!
sr4470
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kinza75)
it can really hurt sometimes!
You dont say :p:
kinza75
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol just saying
sr4470
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kinza75)
lol just saying
You must know what extreme abdominal pain is like then
xx hannah xx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yup this is normal! I've never suffered too badly from period pains, but some of my friends would have so much pain they would have to stop everything they were doing and just stand there in agony! Once this happened in the middle of a supermarket and a big crowd gathered round because she was so so in pain!
I definitely recommend she takes painkillers..if it's really bad she can always take paracetamol AND ibuprofen together. However, if it's really painful every month, and interferes with her daily life, maybe she should go to the doctor? That's what my previously mentioned friend did, and went on the contraceptive pill, which sorted her out - it stops almost all period pain and PMS in most cases!
Niaya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hannahs right about paracetamol and ibuprofen together I take 2 of each together every 6-7 hours when im on - I checked with my Doctor 'cause my mum was worried about me taking so many tablets but she said that aslong as i didnt take them on an empty stomach it was fine
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Gosh, my period pains are awful! Your poor girlfriend, i can imagine how much pain she was in. Dont worry, you did the best you could, offering pain killers and a hot water bottle

Next time, insist she takes something for it! And as people have said, hugs are nice
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ooh yeah period pains are the worst when they are bad. Before I went on the pill I used to get them terribly each month and had to dose myself up with painkillers. Even then I would still get some pain.
I remember vividly this one time in a GCSE Physics class and I didn't have any painkillers......it was hell. I broke out in a sweat and I couldn't sit still. I had to go home from school.
But now it's fine! Go the pill!
rosetinted
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aww you sound like a lovely boyfriend. Well done you for being a good guy and not running away going 'eurgh!'. You'd be surprised how many guys still can't hear the word 'period' without squirming.

Your girlfriend was being a little bit of drama queen over it, but we are entitled to act like that for 1 week out of the month! It can be cripplingly painful. The best cures are painkillers (such as ibuprofen and paracetamol) and a hot water bottle to the stomach. There are also other painkillers (such as Feminax) which contain the drug hyoscine which helps prevent the muscles contracting as much and reduces the pain considerably.

Also light to moderate exercise can also help especially if she's not the sort to lay on the couch with a hot water bottle.

If she does get extremely heavy or painful periods then she could also consider going onto the combined contraceptive pill. This can make periods lighter and less painful, it also makes them very regular which most women find is a great advantage!
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I dont know about her, because I'm not her, but I HATE being touched when I have period pains. So if you were thinking giving her a biiiig cuddle might help, the chances are it might not.
I wonder if an ice pack might have the same effect as a hot water bottle?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
27.2%
No (91)
72.8%

Watched Threads