Stalling on Hill Starts. Watch

Luke0011
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by brendanb581)
All this coming from a guy who posted on the forum about a year ago saying you have passed the practical test.. hmmm LOL at you.
I love you
haha.
TheCurlyHairedDude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by brendanb581)
All this coming from a guy who posted on the forum about a year ago saying you have passed the practical test.. hmmm LOL at you.
I have not passed my practical, I didn't even think about starting driving lessons last year... must have been someone else, however if it was me which I'm 100% sure it wasn't, I'd like some evidence
Gemgem219
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have passed and never stalled.. then when I got my car I have had to learn to drive all over again. Since passing I think I have stalled about 1000 times.. My instructor always said you dont learn to drive until you pass.. I went from a lovely new 2017 mini to a Honda civic. The difference in clutch/biting point is massive! Both cars are petrol. Just in newer cars the biting point has much more give.. in my Honda I have about 2mm before it stalls.. this alone has dented my confidence with hills. I was unable to get it up a steep hill into a car park so at the moment I actually avoid them if possible. I only passed last week and only got the car Friday so still have lots to learn/practice. Just dont give up! I will be practicing hills in this Honda when I dont have my children next. Dont give up trying! We will all get there in the end!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (149)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.87%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.22%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.3%

Watched Threads