Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by halii_94

hello everyone :biggrin:
anyone starting any work exp
do any extra curricular that may look good on your CVs? :smile:

Hey,

hopefully going to start volunteering at local hospital over the summer. not much else. you?

I do a few ECs though for fun - they don't make a big difference on your application tbh
Original post by oli_G
Hey,

hopefully going to start volunteering at local hospital over the summer. not much else. you?

I do a few ECs though for fun - they don't make a big difference on your application tbh

ooh im doing a care home which im gonna do for the whole two years hopefully and work in a charity shop for a few months this summer :smile:
wanted to do the hospital but they're not recruiting atm so that may be next year :frown:

ahh really? i need to start doing some lol..will start in college
Reply 62

ooh im doing a care home which im gonna do for the whole two years hopefully and work in a charity shop for a few months this summer :smile:
wanted to do the hospital but they're not recruiting atm so that may be next year :frown:

ahh really? i need to start doing some lol..will start in college

Nice, my plan for volunteering is to do the hospital stuff long term, and apparently I can shadow consultants and do a bit of work experience there.

In a levels I might start in a hospice (which is literally a five second walk from me) and an old people's home. Also, I'll try and get some at the GPs. :biggrin:
What's everyones plans for summer?? anything medicine related??
Original post by oli_G
Nice, my plan for volunteering is to do the hospital stuff long term, and apparently I can shadow consultants and do a bit of work experience there.

In a levels I might start in a hospice (which is literally a five second walk from me) and an old people's home. Also, I'll try and get some at the GPs. :biggrin:

sounds like a plan! :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by oli_G
Well don't worry you're not. My school forced me to do AS level ICT early instead of an extra GCSE so I'm only going to have 11 - and one of them was taken outside school. If you ace the ones you do you're at no disadvantage having not done like 14 XD

Phew! haha
and i would rather do an as level than stupid btec! haha :P bleh my school's just obsessed with moving up on the league table, we're like, 2nd to last :|
probably shouldn't be shouting that out but oh well :tongue: haha
Thankyou! yeah, i should probably be revising for my last two exams, not going on tsr all day!! :P
Reply 66
Original post by scratcher
What's everyones plans for summer?? anything medicine related??

Working in A&E for a week at the CRU hopefully :biggrin: just need to finalise it
i don't think im going to get 5 A*s lol and if CiDA+ doesn't count, there's med belly up ;'(
Heyyyy :smile:

Got a long term volunteering placement at a palliative care hospice and at the hospital. My GP said to book an appointment with him to discuss medicine too :smile:
got an interview at the BHF soon
wish me luck :biggrin:
Reply 70
Original post by fletchdd02
I'm just hoping for 5 A*s because that is generally the minimum amount over the board, obviously not including Bristol, Kings and Birmingham :smile:

let me correct you there

kings do not have a minimum, birmingham do though

kings take your whole application in context, and the ukcat is importiant
Reply 71
Wooo! This thread had to be made! Amazing! Finally found some people in the same pond.
Reply 72
Original post by AishaTara
Kings and Bham are the main two I want to go too :'(
5 I'd like as a minimum yes.

b'ham are gcse nazi's

but KINGS is not a nazi, kings looks at your entire application.
Original post by anonnymous
b'ham are gcse nazi's

but KINGS is not a nazi, kings looks at your entire application.

thank the lord for that. I'm hoping Birmingham that I either get the grades ( possible chance) or they lower their requirements, as they predict less people will be applying for uni ( or for med as its a 5 year degree) due to tution fees- the likliness of that happening is low. It'll probs increase to 9A* soon or something.
Reply 74
thank the lord for that. I'm hoping Birmingham that I either get the grades ( possible chance) or they lower their requirements, as they predict less people will be applying for uni ( or for med as its a 5 year degree) due to tution fees- the likliness of that happening is low. It'll probs increase to 9A* soon or something.

any medical school is good:smile:

personally, any uni that has the oddasity to have such a ridiculous cut off, without considering any other part is just stupid

even oxford use %A* and allow you to re-deem yourself via the BMAT.

not applying to either, as i want a course and uni i like:smile:

don't get me wrong, all of them are superb
any medical school is good:smile:

personally, any uni that has the oddasity to have such a ridiculous cut off, without considering any other part is just stupid

even oxford use %A* and allow you to re-deem yourself via the BMAT.

not applying to either, as i want a course and uni i like:smile:

don't get me wrong, all of them are superb

aha yeah I agree I'd go to any as long as I get in somewhere, but I'd like the London ones, edinburgh or Bham.
Ikr, GCSES dont test your ability, just the fact you've revised super hard and can memorise info. UKCAT/BMAT test true ability tbh
Reply 76
aha yeah I agree I'd go to any as long as I get in somewhere, but I'd like the London ones, edinburgh or Bham.
Ikr, GCSES dont test your ability, just the fact you've revised super hard and can memorise info. UKCAT/BMAT test true ability tbh

i'm more of a crammer than a clever person lol=/ which is why i need to start bending my mind/training it
i'm more of a crammer than a clever person lol=/ which is why i need to start bending my mind/training it

aahh, i'm sure you're clever if you can still cram it still
Reply 78
just out of curiosity which uni's require BMAT/UKCAT
I know oxbridge require BMAT and Cardiff require the UKCAT i was just curious about others?
Reply 79
Original post by danb_nhkn
just out of curiosity which uni's require BMAT/UKCAT
I know oxbridge require BMAT and Cardiff require the UKCAT i was just curious about others?

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/details.aspx?page=ukCatUniversities They're the UKCAT ones.

BMAT uni's are ICL, UCL, Oxford and Cambridge

Latest

Trending

Trending