The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Colston Street

Anybody applying for this hall?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My second choice. If I have to get one of my two choices, I'd rather get my first..but how bad can a newly made close-to-uni accommodation be? :wink:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I've been here for 3 years and I live near Colston Street - yet I never knew there was any uni accommodation there. Crazy.
Original post by atheistwithfaith
I've been here for 3 years and I live near Colston Street - yet I never knew there was any uni accommodation there. Crazy.

I just had a quick google and it's new for 2011. If I remember rightly the building used to be a Japanese restaurant.
Reply 4
It did indeed - and was only bought by the uni about 18 months ago. It's looking really good though!
Reply 5
It's my second choice- felt a bit risky picking a brand new hall as my first choice not sure why :P
Reply 6
I put it as my first choice.
Reply 7
Yep I put it as my first choice too
Reply 8
Do you guys think it will be quite social at Colston Street? There's only 121 places, a lot less than halls but it's more than the other student houses... I'm debating putting it first..
Reply 9
Original post by youseesaf
Do you guys think it will be quite social at Colston Street? There's only 121 places, a lot less than halls but it's more than the other student houses... I'm debating putting it first..

Social life will be what you make it. 121 people is enough to find some people you'll become friends with / people on your course. Go for it. I know people who have lived at 115 Queens' Road and had the time of their lives and there's only 50 odd people there!
I've applied there and I intend to be very social! If you want to be going out all the time then with over 100 people living there, chances are you'll get to know some people who also like to party (me).
I was in Bristol the other week actually and the reason I applied there is because I think it's in a prime spot to be sociable. If you look at this map (http://bristolnightlife.com/#/clubbing-map/4534303488) you'll see that Colston Street is right in the midst of all the clubs and bars.
Reply 12
still deciding between colston street and uh as my first choice... i don't want to miss out on being in a hall, yet at the same time can't be arsed having to get on a bus whenever i want to go anywhere.
Original post by pow!
still deciding between colston street and uh as my first choice... i don't want to miss out on being in a hall, yet at the same time can't be arsed having to get on a bus whenever i want to go anywhere.

What about Manor hall in that case?
Reply 14
Original post by pow!

You defintely should apply to Colston Hall or Manor then. If I was in your position, I'd personally go for Colston Hall as it's brand new! You have a chance to lay down a legacy on it :P. As someone mentioned above it is the closest hall to all the clubs/bars - everything is in perfect walking distance.
Original post by pow!

You know, you can walk from UH to places. It just takes a little longer.
Reply 16
Hi does anyone know if there are 2 bed room flats in colston hall ???
Original post by samha

Assuming you mean 33 colston street, it kind of burned down at the start of this year, so if there were then there probably aren't now.
Original post by samha

How on earth did you even find this thread? And spleenharvester is right, it doesn't exist any more. And to think I put it as my first choice o.o
Colston Hall is a large concert hall in Bristol.

The student halls is called 'Colston Street'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending