Are there too many universities / courses?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
I don't like the way it allows Joe or Jane Average to say he or she has a degree and put it on a par with a "proper" academic degree.
Yeah I know what you mean, as people can say they have a degree without having to do the disseration etc. However Joe or Jane cannot put (hons) or even Ba or BSc after their names just FDSc or somthing.

PS - Pencil Queen how do you find out the graduate employment figure? Is it given in the sunday times league table? I thought they just give the overal employment figure.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
PS - Pencil Queen how do you find out the graduate employment figure? Is it given in the sunday times league table? I thought they just give the overal employment figure.
goto http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6734,00.html and pick you're subject - as I remember you're and H4 or H5 - electronic and electrical engineering so Salford has a graduate level employment rate of 65% (that doesn't mean the 35% are on the dole though...just that they aren't in graduate level jobs on the January 6th after graduation)
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
goto http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6734,00.html and pick you're subject - as I remember you're and H4 or H5 - electronic and electrical engineering so Salford has a graduate level employment rate of 65% (that doesn't mean the 35% are on the dole though...just that they aren't in graduate level jobs on the January 6th after graduation)
Thanks that has probalbly all changed now anyway. The reason it has the H code was because it was in the school of electronics and accustics. However that school was not doing to well in terms of performance so they have merged with the school of sciences which has much better graduate employment levels. I still can't understand why my course is H considering there is no electrical content in it what so ever. The only remotely electrical thing we do is networking theory which is at voltage (binary) level.

I think all the courses run by old school must have been classed as electrical engineering.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.08%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.74%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.91%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.18%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.81%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.12%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.76%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.31%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.73%

Watched Threads