How Do I Get Over This Pointless Feeling? Watch

matt4504
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hey Everyone,

This is going to sound really weird but how do I get over the 'I wish I wasn't so thick feeling?' regarding universities. I mean one of my friends goes to Oxford and on one hand I’m really happy for him but on the other I’m jealous that I’m thicker than him. I never mention it as I know it's stupid as I'm not going to become clever all of a sudden. This year I’ll probably get into London South Bank which is rated really badly and sometimes in the back of my mind it just niggles at me. Yeah I should shut up now... mmm....

Matt
JonnyB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Get over it. Work above your own potentials.
matt4504
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Well in theory my brain says work my arse off for my degree then apply for a MNurs at a good university. soz bout the thread, i just cling on to stuff a littttle too much.
tommorris
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just remember that intellect and A-level grades aren't in direct correlation much of the time. They're reasonably good as a general indicator of someone's intellectual inclinations, but not because the exams really do a great deal to work out how smart someone is.

When I was stuck, by reason of insanty (hey, it's a pretty damn good approximation of the truth), in a drab ex-polytechnic, I had that pointless feeling too. Remember, of course, that university is totally what you make of it, and that there are always other routes that you can keep the analytical and intellectual parts of your brain ticking over even when in a place that's not receptive to it.

As Anna Freud said: "Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training."
arktos
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Einstein did badly at school and became a patent clerk. He did quite well for himself after that.
Never compare yourself to anyone else because there will always be someone smarter, faster, stronger and better looking, just make the most of what you've got and things'll start falling into place.
How many people wish they were intelligent enough to go to University and get a degree btw?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (35)
17.16%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (87)
42.65%
Nope, not that interesting (82)
40.2%

Watched Threads