The Student Room Group

Urgent, perhaps slightly juvenile UMS question.

Hi.

I'm just looking at my year 10 OCR Rel Studies B: results, and I'm trying to work out whether they're UMS or the raw mark. Obviously, they're not the final grade, only 25% each.

But I scored 46 (either raw or UMS) which is an A* on B601
and 40 (either raw or UMS) which is an A on B602

Max = 48 raw/50 UMS
A* = 43 raw/45 UMS
A = 38 raw/ 40 UMS

Could anybody tell me whether these results are UMS or the raw mark? Call me an idiot, but I really have no idea.
Original post by FilthyMermaid
Hi.

I'm just looking at my year 10 OCR Rel Studies B: results, and I'm trying to work out whether they're UMS or the raw mark. Obviously, they're not the final grade, only 25% each.

But I scored 46 (either raw or UMS) which is an A* on B601
and 40 (either raw or UMS) which is an A on B602

Max = 48 raw/50 UMS
A* = 43 raw/45 UMS
A = 38 raw/ 40 UMS

Could anybody tell me whether these results are UMS or the raw mark? Call me an idiot, but I really have no idea.

Most likely you have scored 46 UMS. As the UMS boundaries are always (I think) 90A*, 80A, 70B....etc. You said 40/50 is an A, that's 80% so most likely UMS.

So you probably scored 44/50 (my guess). Hope this helps! :biggrin:
Reply 2
I would like to know this too.. and how is the final grade calculated? An average?
Reply 3
Every exam is different in terms of what the Raw Mark/UMS conversion is. And every exam board calculates it differently. WJEC tend to stick to 90%, 80% etc whereas AQA alter the grade boundaries by the difficulty of the exam. On exam results slips that you get (not the official certificate) you get the UMS mark - not the raw mark.

Quick Reply

Latest