The Wrong time? Watch

mkol
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm just about to go to Bluewater to do some job-hunting. Yet I'm not sure if now is the right time to do it. Ideally I don't want a job until after Christmas, preferably around February time so my exams are all done. I'd like to get my application in nice and early, but I get the feeling today is going to be one of the busiest times of the year, and no one will be really interested in dealing with me. Should I try today or give it a couple of weeks? Any advice much appreciated!
Renza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Really, you should wait until the beginning of January or at least after Christmas. Managers, Personnel and other staff members are up to their eyes in organization this time of the year.

Do you really want you CV/Application to be discarded? Or mislaid? Somebody may find it very tactless that you should give in an application this time of year and may not want to hire you for that.

If you really want to get a good job don't ruin you're chances unless your sure somebody is desperate for someone to be hired.
leona
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, do it after chrsitmas, they may even be more likely to want to hire people after the chrsitmas temps have gone.
southlondoner
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
personally I havent tried bluewater, but ive tried quite a few places round here (dartford) and most places are jobless at the moment! Ive tried supermarkets mainly..
Cherry Kisses
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
wait till the end of jan at the earliest coz as someone mentioned earlier they are more likely to want staff after the xmas temps have gone. Also, if you ask about it now, they will say that they wont need anyone bcoz of the xmas temps and eventhough you wont be starting till feb, they wont know this far in advance if they are gonna have any vacancies in feb.
But seeing as bluewater is pretty big, there will be a good chance of a job and hopefully plenty of choices
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads