Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have 22 and im pretty happy with that...

... not unless i look at the 25's and 23's. lol. my essay wasn't that great tho. but the 22 improves my chances with UCL..

congrats to everyone higher than 17! and to people who got less, its just one test and no test can really gauge ur true potential - i'm sure we'all all be great lawyers someday!

*hugs*

ReputationRep:
    i got 20
    seeing as i got offered without interview by homerton from the cam pool, i think tht i did well in my downing int at cambridge but got pooled for a low lnat score.
    bit disappointed but happy to have got in anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virna)
    Mine is under the average so I guess there's always a first
    I guess now I know why Bristol rejected me
    dont worry, people have to be below average for the average to be dragged down, im sure a lot of people have gotten below average (meee) but refuse to post cos everyone else is just posting amazing scores...

ReputationRep:
    I was not able to take my first-scheduled test and missed the January 15 deadline due to my passport problem..
    (I did reschedule to take it last week tho, and the universities do kindly accept my circumstance as an international student)
    but the point is, I need to wait til the end of June for the results.. grrrrrrr..

congrats everyone for the results, and do cheer up if you're not that satisfied.. wish me luck for the long-waiting results btw LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eva*)
    I was not able to take my first-scheduled test and missed the January 15 deadline due to my passport problem..
    (I did reschedule to take it last week tho, and the universities do kindly accept my circumstance as an international student)
    but the point is, I need to wait til the end of June for the results.. grrrrrrr..

congrats everyone for the results, and do cheer up if you're not that satisfied.. wish me luck for the long-waiting results btw LOL
    once you've done the test, try asking one of the Uni's if they could kindly tell you, your results since everyone else has them and keep asking you

ReputationRep:
    26 did much better than expected!

ReputationRep:
    i had 27! I'm really chuffed, i was getting a bit worried by seeing loads of kcl offers when i havent heard back yet.

Well done 2 every1 else who've heard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    once you've done the test, try asking one of the Uni's if they could kindly tell you, your results since everyone else has them and keep asking you
    or would it be better to ask them after receiving an offer (or touchwood a rejection)? i heard nothing from the universities yet

ReputationRep:
    23 - Doesnt change anything as I have my offer in place anyway, but still glad to get a result from an exam.

ReputationRep:
    21 ... that's cool

20 Yay..don't think it'll be good enough for Kings tho..and with my grades Ah well..did better than expected! Well done all!

ReputationRep:
    I got 23, and I'm happy! I have a conditional offer from Oxford anyway.

ReputationRep:
    27, but haven't heard from anywhere yet... waiting for the statistics on the test, as then I'll know how to feel.

ReputationRep:
    hi im new to this-just joined but always found it really helpful!
    Just got my LNAT score today... really disapointed 16 even though i knew id really messed it up!
    Just wanted some advice really....
    AS: Hist A, Geography A, Government and Politics A , French B
    A2: Predicted AAA

Durham-Rejected
    Bristol-rejected
    Kings-sent (prob a rejection cause of LNAT)
    QMUL:ABB
    Newcastle:AAA

Is it worth while taking a gap year and reapplying next year with my A2's completed hopefully AAA and maybe take french to A2 also? and possibly doing the SAT's?
    I am unsure however as my GCSE's are average not stunning and perhaps this was also part of the problem with my application. I have tons of work experience a week in a commercial solicitors a week shadowing the UK's top planning barrister and work experience in the House of Commons, plus tons and tons of extra cirriculars.
    Would you advise me to take my offer at Newcastle- i suppose i wouldn't mind going there but if i thought i could improve my application?
    another option is to use my extra choice (our school always makes us keep one in case-thank god) and apply to edinburgh for hist or geog?

Your help and advice would be invaluable! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azam)
    i got 20
    seeing as i got offered without interview by homerton from the cam pool, i think tht i did well in my downing int at cambridge but got pooled for a low lnat score.
    bit disappointed but happy to have got in anyway
    Could be the case, I was pooled from Downing for law and got a place at fitz without an interview and I got 18. That said last year Downing took people with score 2 points below the average (or atleast that is what Mr. Virgo told me) so unless they have changed their policy it was probably down to other factors why we were pooled. Who knows /shrug

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megan88)
    hi im new to this-just joined but always found it really helpful!
    Just got my LNAT score today... really disapointed 16 even though i knew id really messed it up!
    Just wanted some advice really....
    AS: Hist A, Geography A, Government and Politics A , French B
    A2: Predicted AAA

Durham-Rejected
    Bristol-rejected
    Kings-sent (prob a rejection cause of LNAT)
    QMUL:ABB
    Newcastle:AAA

Is it worth while taking a gap year and reapplying next year with my A2's completed hopefully AAA and maybe take french to A2 also? and possibly doing the SAT's?
    I am unsure however as my GCSE's are average not stunning and perhaps this was also part of the problem with my application. I have tons of work experience a week in a commercial solicitors a week shadowing the UK's top planning barrister and work experience in the House of Commons, plus tons and tons of extra cirriculars.
    Would you advise me to take my offer at Newcastle- i suppose i wouldn't mind going there but if i thought i could improve my application?
    another option is to use my extra choice (our school always makes us keep one in case-thank god) and apply to edinburgh for hist or geog?

Your help and advice would be invaluable! Thanks
    don't be so negative!
    you have excellent grades-and an average lnat-most of the offers Kings have already given out are going to be people who generally take it up as in insurance ( with a few exceptions-
    you should get an offer from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juneau)
    Could be the case, I was pooled from Downing for law and got a place at fitz without an interview and I got 18. That said last year Downing took people with score 2 points below the average (or atleast that is what Mr. Virgo told me) so unless they have changed their policy it was probably down to other factors why we were pooled. Who knows /shrug
    for oxbridge did the colleges eliminate with different lnat scores or was it a uniformed decision-i see some people have the same score as me and were interviewed

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle is a good uni. Don't underestimate it. Had I not got an Ox. offer i would have been going there this summer.

ReputationRep:
    i got 17! im dissapointed duno if il get in2 Kings because my gcse grades are 2A 5B 2C and AS-ABBC and AAB predictions shiteee

ReputationRep:
    You're going to LMH? So am I! I probably met you at interview!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 5, 2009

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.