ianrossuk1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got me a 21!!

*spits at cambridge*

phffft...telling the kid he can't think legally....kiss the ring....punkasses

( clearly...I'm mature enough to have got into cambridge too....*wipes mouth*)

( and those of you who also got around 21...stop being so melancholy..we thrased the average..smile a bit..)
flossie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cambridge admission tutor told a meeting i was at in October that cambridge would not be looking at LNAT scores until after interviews and once their decisions were made to see how they correlated with their decisions. She felt that cambridge tutors felt they had more confidence in their own assessment and that LNAT had not yet proven its self as far as they were concerned. At the law open day last summer one of the speakers said that when they did this last year they discovered they had rejected the applicant with the highest LNAT score! Tht's not to say that other unis aren't putting much greater emphasis on it
megan88
Report 12 years ago
there is a post in the bristol forum about a law open day tomorrow which made me think on sunday that id been rejected anywa, plus they said theyd make offers in janurary!
ianrossuk1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
flossie

thankyou for officially stealing my thunder...lol

That's great...and awful at the same time....great tht they really judge a candidate on THEM and THEM alone...but awful...due to the fact that the LNAT is supposed to ''level the playing field'' amongst candidates..makes it seem like a slight waste of time ( for the cambridge rejects anyway :hmmm: )

despite this - congrats ev1...ev1 has done quite well!
fundamentally
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by richie_009)
i got 17!
im dissapointed duno if il get in2 Kings because my gcse grades are 2A 5B 2C and AS-ABBC and AAB predictions shiteee ....soas,kings,queen mary,city,warick :s and leeds
City will accept you.

You have a 30 - 40% chance of getting into QM.
You will probably not get into Leeds, SOAS or Kings ( about a 90% probablity of rejection )
( Leeds Met is a different beast and accepts almost everyone )

Warwick will reject you.

I also read palms for a modest fee of 5 pounds...
megan88
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ianrossuk1)
flossie

thankyou for officially stealing my thunder...lol

That's great...and awful at the same time....great tht they really judge a candidate on THEM and THEM alone...but awful...due to the fact that the LNAT is supposed to ''level the playing field'' amongst candidates..makes it seem like a slight waste of time ( for the cambridge rejects anyway :hmmm: )

despite this - congrats ev1...ev1 has done quite well!

I have a friend who goes to cambridge (Homerton) and she'd back you up on that apparantly the smartest guy in her class got 3 in the LNAT! Cambridge hardly use it which does seem stupid because they probably have to pay alot to suscribe to it!
azam
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As someone said earlier, cambridge use lnat more for decidin between sutdents, not offers so after theyve decided who theyd like to offer, they will normally use lnat to judge between people with sdimilar predicted grades, ps and interview so its basically the lowest factor.
Oxford however reject ppl without interview based on lnat, dunno how much they use it to decide between candidates theyre seriously considering

as for whether ppl will get kings with an lnat score between 16&20, I only got 20 on lnat and got offered in first batch of kings offers so to n e 1 still waiitng with a lower scorte, they'll be seriously considering you for a place!

anyone care to work out a tsr average cos i reckons its around 21 rite now
helki
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I really don't get why some people are whinging with scores in the twenties, it's not THAT important, and lets not forget there's the essay part too. On TSR there is hardly anyone who got much below average and you don't know how it all balances out, with GCSE results and ps etc. Don't be so negative!!!
legal_mc
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got 18! Still got offered in first batch of kings offers and i have average grades.
rajorani
Report 12 years ago
I got a 24

and still got rejected from oxford
richie_009
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
erm fundementally i already got an offer from uni of leeds so thanks anyway for the negative feedback
fundamentally
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rajorani)
I got a 24

However, I recall that you stated that your interview performance was fairly poor.
rajorani
Report 12 years ago
..fairly poor? extremely poor..i wudnt have let myself in with wat i did
Supersonic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
18...above national average but below TSR average. So has anybody heard from glasgow yet and if so what were your lnat results???I don't know what they'll make of 18 i think my essay went well so i hope with 5 highr A's they'll let me in, what does everybody reckon???

Well done to everybody especially those who exeeded their expectations!
Supersonic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
woops with spelling like that i've no chance lol *exceeded
ianrossuk1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
anyone know when the LNAT statistics are coming out?
Ali-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got a 24

WOW,a nice score.Feeling sorry that you still got rejected.

By the way,did you prepare for it?????If yes,can you please mention that particular sources.
jack:dies:in:hot:cars
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Supersonic)
18...above national average but below TSR average. So has anybody heard from glasgow yet and if so what were your lnat results???I don't know what they'll make of 18 i think my essay went well so i hope with 5 highr A's they'll let me in, what does everybody reckon???

Well done to everybody especially those who exeeded their expectations!
hey everybody- first post! another Scotsman on the board now.

I got 22 in the lnat and felt the essay went ok.

I got AAAAB last year and ive had unconditionals from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Strathclyde. Supersonic- The Glasgow one only came through on the 27th so I'm sure u'll get something back soon. Where else have u applied to?

e11even
Badges: 1
Report 12 years ago
I got a 24

(Original post by fundamentally)
However, I recall that you stated that your interview performance was fairly poor.
..fairly poor? extremely poor..i wudnt have let myself in with wat i did
The 'and still' implies you expected Oxford to offer you a place based on your LNAT score. Hence fundametally's reply.

Having said that, IMO 24 is really good. Well done on your result. :yy:
AAJ1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Interesting what the views are on how Cambridge deal with the LNAT. I got 20. A bit disappointing..but solidish score. Although I can't really complain now at not being picked from the pool, as there are people here with higher scores and as good grades who didn't get in.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (21)
25%
No - I got the required grades (52)
61.9%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (11)
13.1%

Watched Threads