This discussion is closed.
Benjamin86
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Hey, I'm new here and would like to have a second opinion on this:

I'm thinking of applying to the UK law schools next year. I've considered applying to Oxbridge but I heard the competition there is fierce. So in case I'm not accepted, can I apply to Oxbridge again for the second undergrad year? I'm not familiar with the British educational system but I know that transfers are available in American universities, even in Harvard U and MIT. So I was wondering if Oxbridge has this kind of system and the procedures of transferring? Or is it just completely impossible to transfer to Oxbridge?

And what about other law schools, such as London Universities?
Do they accept transfers?

Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Ben
Sunnyt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hi there Ben I am sure you would get into a University in the UK if you wanted. The only down fall is that you wouold not be able to transfer to the second year as for a qualifying law degree you need to do all three years. You could certainly ask Universities in the Uk

Id recommend

Oxford
Cambridge
Warwick
Birmingham
Nottingham
Leicester
and Manchester

any other questions
dont hesitate to ask

[email protected]
feli123
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sunnyt)
Hi there Ben I am sure you would get into a University in the UK if you wanted. The only down fall is that you wouold not be able to transfer to the second year as for a qualifying law degree you need to do all three years. You could certainly ask Universities in the Uk

Id recommend

Oxford
Cambridge
Warwick
Birmingham
Nottingham
Leicester
and Manchester

any other questions
dont hesitate to ask

[email protected]
Just a quick question, what if you're in your 1st undergraduate year for law, say at Durham, and would like to transfer to Oxbridge for your 2nd year? Is that still impossible?
Sunnyt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by feli123)
Just a quick question, what if you're in your 1st undergraduate year for law, say at Durham, and would like to transfer to Oxbridge for your 2nd year? Is that still impossible?

You could ask, but universities like to offer places to people whom have never been to offer its worth asking, I have a HND IN law technically I could go into the second year of a law degree I asked every where but they would not allow me Durham is an excellent University,as long as your at a Elite University such as Durhamn, warwick, Birmingahm, oxford, cambridge etc your doing excellent anything else you wana know?

sunny
Wal
Report 17 years ago
What is a HND and where did you get it?
Sunnyt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Wal)
What is a HND and where did you get it?
HND IS A LIKE A MINI degree I got it from College, I done a HND IN Forensic Science, Law and Psychology and I got 10 Distinctions and 6 merits, I got my unconditional offers because of this, my ucas statement and Reference, what are you studying at the moment mate and where?

Sunnyxx
Wal
Report 17 years ago
Applied 2 weeks ago for Mathematics or Physics at various places.

What kind of college do you mean, one you did your A-Levels at, too? Or are we talking about an american college?
Sunnyt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Wal)
Applied 2 weeks ago for Mathematics or Physics at various places.

What kind of college do you mean, one you did your A-Levels at, too? Or are we talking about an american college?

just at a normal college you can do HND's at college or University, I did my alevels two year ago AAA what universities have you applied to ?
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
HND IS A LIKE A MINI degree I got it from College, I done a HND IN Forensic Science, Law and Psychology and I got 10 Distinctions and 6 merits, I got my unconditional offers because of this, my ucas statement and Reference, what are you studying at the moment mate and where?

Sunnyxx
A HND is a Higher National Diploma.
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
A HND is a Higher National Diploma.
or "have no degree"
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Id recommend

Oxford
Cambridge
Warwick
Birmingham
Nottingham
Leicester
and Manchester
what about; bristol? durham? queens?
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Benjamin86)
Hey, I'm new here and would like to have a second opinion on this:

I'm thinking of applying to the UK law schools next year. I've considered applying to Oxbridge but I heard the competition there is fierce. So in case I'm not accepted, can I apply to Oxbridge again for the second undergrad year? I'm not familiar with the British educational system but I know that transfers are available in American universities, even in Harvard U and MIT. So I was wondering if Oxbridge has this kind of system and the procedures of transferring? Or is it just completely impossible to transfer to Oxbridge?

And what about other law schools, such as London Universities?
Do they accept transfers?

Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Ben
No
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.12%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.11%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.02%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.45%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.94%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.63%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.08%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.51%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads