How much sleep night before an exam?

Watch this thread
The Dynamic Uno
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
So I usually get a minimum of 7 hours before an exam but I've got a ****load of revision to do for Psychology today and was wondering how far I could push it.

How far have some of you pushed it and still performed well in your exams?

trrr
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
dont sleep

Edit: I was joking didnt know I would still be getting negged for something I typed 2 years ago.
The Dynamic Uno
Rep:
(Original post by trrr)
dont sleep
That's just crazy. How are you supposed to maintain concentration during the exam?
Gemma2010
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
6 hours - but leave time to sleep. and if your exams at 1:30 you can do some on the day
The Dynamic Uno
Rep:
(Original post by Gemma2010)
6 hours - but leave time to sleep. and if your exams at 1:30 you can do some on the day
Yeah I was thinking go bed at 3, wake up at 9. Gives a couple of hours to get some more revision in between the morning routine.
Gemma2010
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The Dynamic Uno)
Yeah I was thinking go bed at 3, wake up at 9. Gives a couple of hours to get some more revision in between the morning routine.
if you do have a late exam it might be better to go to bed earlier and waker up earlier - if you do the revision on the day it might stick better?
Rebellious-Steve
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
You want to sleep as little as possible. It helps you absorb information.
The Dynamic Uno
Rep:
(Original post by Gemma2010)
if you do have a late exam it might be better to go to bed earlier and waker up earlier - if you do the revision on the day it might stick better?
Yeah that's what I did for my other exam but I didn't have as much to revise for that one as I do for this one. Going to sleep whilst in the middle of revision can disrupt it somewhat and the morning routine tends to get in the way a bit during the morning. Gotta get cleaned up, eat and all that and then eat again before you leave so you don't starve during the exam.

I dunno...
The Dynamic Uno
Rep:
(Original post by Rebellious-Steve)
You want to sleep as little as possible. It helps you absorb information.
How so?
LipstickKisses
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The Dynamic Uno)
So I usually get a minimum of 7 hours before an exam but I've got a ****load of revision to do for Psychology today and was wondering how far I could push it.

How far have some of you pushed it and still performed well in your exams?
About 9 like normal.
EonBlueApocalypse
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Trust me when I say this, it's worked on all three on my exams. Get a good nights sleep before your exam, at least 7 hours. When your asleep your brain processes and consolidates all the information you've learnt during the day. I've gone to bed worrying I won't remember the revision I've done and in the morning its in my mind. Don't do an all nighter, worst thing you can do.
beckyjanem
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Just go to bed as normal, do as much as you can and get up at about half 7 to do some revision in the morning. Sorted
IFondledAGibbon
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I always get at least 6 hours. We don't want severe paranoid psychosis like our good man Siffre do we?

Edit: I meant Peter Trip! Looking good me in this exam
Mangaka
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Just sleep for as little as you like as long as you feel comfortable in the morning. I'm fine on 4 hours.
XPURPLElemonadex
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I always go to bed at like, 9 or 10 and wake up at about 5-ish and hit the Red Bull about an hour before the exam to boost concentration. Usually works for me!
explicit4u
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I have an exam in 4 1/2 hours and I've still not slept!
NotSoCool.Fly
Report 11 years ago
I did an all nighter once for A2 Psychology, last exam wanted it over with and tbh I didn't revise much during the day so the night i revised like mad didnt wanna sleep and spoil the info in my brain so i went straight to the exam hardcore feeling like **** but just eat a big brekky i was k enough energy
thing is i kept resting during the day so i felt guilty for not revising but i guess my problem is i just knew too much

self taught and got an A..........
NotSoCool.Fly
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by IFondledAGibbon)
I always get at least 6 hours. We don't want severe paranoid psychosis like our good man Siffre do we?

Edit: I meant Peter Trip! Looking good me in this exam
for me *
howd it go
JaiiStarh
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I had two exams yesterday (Thursday) and I didn't sleep on Wednesday night. I got through the day with Weetabix,Energy drinks and Coffee. In the exam I was able to actually remember my notes and essays word for word,I remembered names,quotes etc,which is something I have always had an issue with. It's a shame it took me this long to realise that cramming actually works for me. Before I used to always try and get 6/7hours of sleep the night before.
IFondledAGibbon
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NotSoCool.Fly)
for me *
howd it go
Pretty well. All my predictions came up! But I did feel completely unorganized and my arguments were often a little undirected but whatever. Hopefully enough for a B (which will give me an A). How about you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (9)
30%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (16)
53.33%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (5)
16.67%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads