The Student Room Group

How much sleep night before an exam?

Scroll to see replies

what exam again?sorry.........n well done.
Reply 21
Anything between 6 and 8 or so hours is optimal. Sleeping less or more than that will negatively affect your ability to concentrate during the exam. Last minute revision shouldn't leave you feeling drained as it will negatively affect you too, however, lightly browsing over some notes/reminders is fine.
Reply 22
7 hours sleep minimum.

Sleeping less doesn't mean you're revising more. It just means that you can't handle your time properly.
Hey,

I think 4.5 - hours was good enough for me. I revised till 9, slept at 11. Woke up at 4 am n revised some more then got ready and gave my exam. Went well. But remember sleep is important and cramming never ever helps, even if u think it does :P

Good luck!
Reply 24
At least 7 hours.
Reply 25
After about 10 o'clock, sleeping will become more beneficial than revising.
Old thread but heres my idea: i got ADDE at AS level due to procrastination and not revising and i need ABB at least for uni. My plan would be as follows:

12am- 7am would be my new 'day' i will split it up with revising, breaks, walking the dog once maybe and eating. At 7.30 i would then get ready and go to school ( its easter now so this would be free time. Then when i get back from school about 3pm (sometimes 1pm and 4pm) i will sleep untill 11.30/12 and repeat. I know this idea sounds crazy but any thoughts and ideas wouldbe appreciated. Maybe i could try it and see how muchi concentrate? Would be useful in exams in may/june as i would revise all night for exams then all the way until the exam. I have 8 A level exams (4 retakes) btw
Original post by trrr
dont sleep

Edit: I was joking didnt know I would still be getting negged for something I typed 2 years ago.

2 yrs you mean 11

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending