The Student Room Group
Original post by Tommyjw
Martin Laurence @martinlaurence7
Premier League minutes per goal (5+ goals): Berbatov (69mins), PD Cisse (72mins), Balotelli (94mins), Rooney (103mins), van Persie (104mins)

Not a bad stat

A note also made that was when only looking when Rooney is in a FW position it becomes 88 minutes

It is worth noting that Berbatov only scored 2 away goals, in the 5-0 mauling of Fulham and in the Carling Cup against Aldershot Town. Also, the others came against Wigan, Stoke, Benfica and Blackburn at OT. That being said, I do want to see more of him before he leaves in the summer - his touch is :coma:
April 2 - k/o = 10pm GMT
Manchester United FC Reserves vs Club Sport Cartagines

Reserves playing their second game in Dallas Cup at 10pm, nice perfect time to watch after Blackburn game (:

Will & Michael Keane talking about the game (both of them scored in the 2-0 win)

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot

In other news, Kevin Strootman, genuine potential or a poor mans Martinez/Gotze? His age, price and role in PSV/Dutch team suggests he could be good value.
From what I have read, I though Strootman was more of a midfield enforcer than a Gotze light footed Silva esque midfield operator. I think he might be a good player, but I think if Pogba is to come though, we have the role of young powerful technical box to box filled. I do like Dutch players though, well balance and technical.

I think a Modric type player would be better, as someone was saying we lack someone other than Rooney who is very good at passing in the final third rather than crossing. I think our approach play through the centre is lacking, but I don't think we can afford someone who doesn't put in a defensive shift.

As much as a like that Spurs team, I'm rooting for Chelsea, I think another season without CL football, and we may have a chance at Modric. Spurs need a striker and possibly a keeper soon, 40 is usually the cliff and they have seen what a difference a top keeper makes. Can't see where the money from this is going to come without CL football, either Modric or Bale I would imagine.
Reply 9943
How do you guys see the match tonight going? Will it be an easy win or a grinding out of a 1-0? You haven't got a great record at Ewood but I think you should be able to punish City for their dropped points against Sunderland.
Its going to be a tough game, we dont have a good record against blackburn. We should still hopefully win though, expecting a goal or two from Rooney.
I think we should be beating Blackburn comfortably. Although they have picked up points of late, they have lost and scrapped 1-1 draws to plenty of teams their only real scalp being Sunderland. I would hope we have the firepower to get past them.
Jonny Evans wins player of the month for March.

I think we'd all agree, it's well deserved. He's been awesome this season and really stepped up with Vidic out. No dispute about him being our best fit centre back right now imo. Be a shame if he were to be back stuck on the bench next season when Vidic returns. What do people think of our 1st choice CB partnership next season?

In other news, the Boss backs Macheda to overcome some bad luck during his loan spells and make the grade at Manchester United.

Wonder if he'll go out on Loan again, or be used as our 4th choice forward when/if we sell Berbatov and Owen
Original post by Singh_2
How do you guys see the match tonight going? Will it be an easy win or a grinding out of a 1-0? You haven't got a great record at Ewood but I think you should be able to punish City for their dropped points against Sunderland.

I think if we drop points it'll probably be a bottle job, we should be beating them comfortably or at least beating them. Looking at Blackburn's home record they've been beating sides they should be beating or getting points from - QPR (just awful), Fulham (good team, but awful away form), a draw against Villa - but I guess they deserve some credit, because they weren't even doing that at the start of the season. Only victory that impresses me is the 2-0 victory over Sunderland in their last home game.
Original post by Da_hopeful_1

I think we'd all agree, it's well deserved. He's been awesome this season and really stepped up with Vidic out. No dispute about him being our best fit centre

I personally don't think Evans is playing any better than Rio Ferdinand in all honesty. It's only because of how poor he was playing before, that his strong performances now are gaining as much recognition.
736 - Manchester United have gone 736 minutes without conceding a Premier League goal on a Monday. Unbreachable.

Booya
big game for us tonight, Blackburn will be up for it having beaten us at home and being in the relegation fight.

narrow win I think, 2 or 3-1 to us though I hope, need to be on form though.
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
Jonny Evans wins player of the month for March.

I think we'd all agree, it's well deserved. He's been awesome this season and really stepped up with Vidic out. No dispute about him being our best fit centre back right now imo. Be a shame if he were to be back stuck on the bench next season when Vidic returns. What do people think of our 1st choice CB partnership next season?
I think its clear Vidic is our best CB, therefore striking up a partnership with Vidic will determine who is the number 2 CB, much like up top playing well with Rooney is more important than being the clear number 2 with Hernandez. Pre season and early next season will be where Smalling, Evans, and Rio stake their claim to that number berth.

Original post by Tommyjw
736 - Manchester United have gone 736 minutes without conceding a Premier League goal on a Monday. Unbreachable.

Booya
Pretty impressive considering we have the worst goalie in the league who can't deal with a cross or a shot from outside the box is totally out of his depth, and he's being protected by the worst United team in SAF history. :rolleyes:
Match thread.

Will have to close this thread when it reaches 10,000 posts, so about 30ish posts away. Thought I should just start a match thread to get rid of the inconvenience of starting a new thread mid-way through the game or something!
Original post by Mastermind`
Match thread.

Will have to close this thread when it reaches 10,000 posts, so about 30ish posts away. Thought I should just start a match thread to get rid of the inconvenience of starting a new thread mid-way through the game or something!

Quickly spam this thread before 8pm:colone:
Original post by Tommyjw

Booya

Just how often do we play on a Monday night though, other than Fulham last week I generally can't remember the last time we played on a Monday night. So surly that 736 minutes is over quite a few seasons. Still impressive nonetheless.

I'm not sure how I'm feeling tonight, I think we will win but whether it will be 1-0 or maybe what I was thinking earlier on 5-1. Was going to have a cheeky bet on that scoreline but decided that I'm not going to start gambling.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Just how often do we play on a Monday night though, other than Fulham last week I generally can't remember the last time we played on a Monday night. So surly that 736 minutes is over quite a few seasons. Still impressive nonetheless.
I looked into it, feel a bit silly now:colondollar: Its only 3 games bar this one. Fulham last week 1-0, Wigan in Dec 5-0, and Spurs in Aug 3-0. I always imagined it would be higher than that. So only 270mins of that came this season.
So who's going to be creating Manchester United Thread IX ?
Doesn't matter, really. You can do it, if you like.
Reply 9958
Just as long as you put this in the OP:

Nah, that could jinx things. Put stuff like that in after this season is finished.

Latest