The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Call him whatever you want, he's too busy conceding long shots to hear you.
From what I have seen of Athletico their back 4 often sit very deep, I think that could have something to do with the number of long shots he conceded.

I need to get out of the habit of pronouncing his name wrong.
Update on Fletch.

It'll be great if we have him available for most of the season.
Reply 1043
Excited and nervous to see De Gea tonight. He has the ability but its quite important for Goalkeepers to start well with their clubs, or the settling in period is even longer. We all remember Gomes' start to Spurs haha!

Must say though, I'm thoroughly impressed with Lindegaard each time I see him. Its probably why Ferguson re-iterated before that De Gea isn't a guarunteed starter.
Reply 1044
What time is the UTD game on tonight and who are you playing?
Original post by Hoozo
What time is the UTD game on tonight and who are you playing?

10pm, and Chicago 'Fire'.
I expect to see Welbeck, Cleverley, Smalling, Jones and De Gea all start tonight with a touch of experience.
Reply 1047
Original post by Kevmeister
10pm, and Chicago 'Fire'.

Thanks
Reply 1048
Does anyone know when the Barcelona friendly is?
Original post by VQG
Does anyone know when the Barcelona friendly is?

30th July, slated for a 6pm start at the moment.
Original post by Mastermind`
I expect to see Welbeck, Cleverley, Smalling, Jones and De Gea all start tonight with a touch of experience.

Agreed
Is that 10pm start for us over here or is that the time over in america?
Reply 1052
Original post by itsmyname
Is that 10pm start for us over here or is that the time over in america?

10pm UK time :smile:

Hated having to stay up to watch games at 3.00am.
Reply 1053
Looking forward to seeing De Gea and Jones, hopefully quite a quiet game for them at the back to break them in!
Team for tonight

de Gea;
Fabio, Smalling, Jones, Evra ;
Obertan, Carrick, Cleverley, Welbeck;
Diouf, Berbatov

Good to see Cleverly get a chance in the middle, and no surprise that Welbeck is considered a wide player, thats where he'll play most his football at United, not up front
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Team for tonight

de Gea;
Fabio, Smalling, Jones, Evra ;
Obertan, Carrick, Cleverley, Welbeck;
Diouf, Berbatov

Good to see Cleverly get a chance in the middle, and no surprise that Welbeck is considered a wide player, thats where he'll play most his football at United, not up front

Got a list of everyone on the bench?
Nevermind

United Subs: Lindegaard, Amos, Ferdinand, Vidic, Rafael, Evans, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Nani, Owen, Rooney, Young, Macheda.
Reply 1057
Isn't the bench always just going to be everyone who isn't in the team?

Can't wait to watch De Gea, Smalling and Jones build a base, shame both Rafael and Fabio aren't either side really. Will also keep a close eye on Cleverley.

If we do consider Welbeck as a winger then he won't be playing at us much longer imo, he should be up front and will hopefully end up there when the season actually starts. Don't think you can read much into selection in pre-season. Surprised Diouf is getting so much action, thought he'd be getting 15 minutes here and there before leaving early to finalise a deal to some mid table side.
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
Nevermind

United Subs: Lindegaard, Amos, Ferdinand, Vidic, Rafael, Evans, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Nani, Owen, Rooney, Young, Macheda.

Now that is a mouth watering bench to have.
Reply 1059
Berbatov should've scored,
that play deserved a goal - Evra's tackle, Welbeck's skills and through ball were great.

Hoping to see a good performance from the new signings, the loanees and Obertan :moon:

Latest