Turn on thread page Beta

Double pay on Boxing Day? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    I'm in Debenhams and I don't get any extra...ah wait...i'm just a temp :rolleyes: back to the slavery work!
    Yeah me too, and I'm not even till trained! That's so annoying, I was hoping for double pay.

ReputationRep:
    Heyhey, in the end I got double pay, and double pay today on a normal bank holiday. me happy. But I bloomin well deserve it. Was on my feet solidly for 5 hours, rushed off my feet. I'm soooooo knackered. But it's all gravy.

ReputationRep:
    M&S paid me £8.25 a hour today! (Pay £5.50 + Half)

ReputationRep:
    i get time and half every sunday anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masta Killa)
    i get time and half every sunday anyway
    Really, where do you work? Is this common? I want to ask if i'm entitled lol.

ReputationRep:
    i work in Morrisons... i do a 10 hour shift on sundays, so i get £77.40 for a days work... which isnt bad coz i do what i want really... well obviously i have to listen to the managers sometimes...

ReputationRep:
    do you get x2 for xmas eve, new year's eve n new year's day (yes...i'm the unfortunate person who has to work all three of them :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    i got double pay for boxingday and a £25 gift voucher! YAY! also had a buffet in the staffroom and a taxi to take us to work!

also get double pay on bank holidays and time and a third on sundays!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shopaholic_soph)
    i got double pay for boxingday and a £25 gift voucher! YAY! also had a buffet in the staffroom and a taxi to take us to work!

also get double pay on bank holidays and time and a third on sundays!
    Wow! No need to boast now.. :p:

Mind you, I found out I had a bonus today. Our shop does this nice bonus scheme so I made £38. Not a lot it sounds, but that's 2 and a half days work for me! Yippeee yay!

ReputationRep:
    One and a half times pay on bank hols including new years eve and xmas ever and i didn't work boxing day but they pay me for it and i get a day's holiday for working the bank holiday a rather buff deal imo

ReputationRep:
    I better get double pay I'm going into work tomorrow with a broken foot as I need the money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ando222)
    I better get double pay I'm going into work tomorrow with a broken foot as I need the money
    Jesus! how did you even find this thread!? it's 10 years old... But i'd check your contract...I wouldn't go in just expecting double pay.

ReputationRep:
    I got paid time and a half for boxing day, we get same for new years day, and have to work at least one of them.
    Xmas day the store is closed, so we have to take any hours out of our holiday entitlement (thank god it was only my 6hr shift), but Tuesday this year is bank holiday again...but my employer doesn't recognise it as such and so we are only getting normal slightly above minimum wage to work it..

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.