The Student Room Group

Making vodka go down easier.

I had forgotten until just now how much I dislike vodka.

Sadly I now have several litres of it and need to get through them by Sunday night. Is there a trick to making it go down easier, avoiding the obvious "put it in something else like coke or juice" approach, since I'm already in my trackie bottoms and don't really want to have to get dressed to go to the shop again.

Anyone have any ideas?

H-S

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why do you HAVE to?

Well, the obvious is to mix it. With anything you have, try every kind of squash/juice etc you have and see what tastes nice :P
Or hold your nose while drinking it?

Or just deal with it, stuff like vodka seems (to me) to taste less **** once you have started getting drunk.
Reply 2
Original post by History-Student

Sadly I now have several litres of it and need to get through them by Sunday night. Is there a trick to making it go down easier, avoiding the obvious "put it in something else like coke or juice" approach, since I'm already in my trackie bottoms and don't really want to have to get dressed to go to the shop again.

Anyone have any ideas?

H-S

Why?

And go to the shops in your trackies.
Obtain Russian citizenship.
Original post by Tommyjw
Why do you HAVE to?

Well, the obvious is to mix it. With anything you have, try every kind of squash/juice etc you have and see what tastes nice :P
Or hold your nose while drinking it?

Or just deal with it, stuff like vodka seems (to me) to taste less **** once you have started getting drunk.

Because I have a very strict timetable of getting wasted beyond belief to keep to this weekend so I won't have time to contemplate the ****ing week I've had.

I guess you're right, once I get past the initial "dear God why!!" phase, I probably won't notice anymore. Cheers.
Reply 5
Just down it. All of it. Right now.

But don't die.
Reply 6
suck a lemon/lime after eassyyyy :biggrin:
Reply 7
Because I have a very strict timetable of getting wasted beyond belief to keep to this weekend so I won't have time to contemplate the ****ing week I've had.

I guess you're right, once I get past the initial "dear God why!!" phase, I probably won't notice anymore. Cheers.

Well, it is vodka, so i'm sure even flat coke mixed in would taste better, so trying everything & anything might help.

Or, if you have lots of time, make them in to jelly shots ;D
Reply 8
you don't 'need' to.
Grow up.
Reply 9
put it in the freezer for an hour.

then, strawpedo.

Anyone have any ideas?

H-S

Don't breathe as you take the shot and then follow it with something very, very sweet. When I didn't have time to pre-drink, I would down vodka shots and chase with undiluted squash.

It's not the best and it's pretty grim, either way - but it's the easiest way to take vodka shots, I find. At least until you're drunk enough to not notice the varnish-y taste anymore.

Plus I have a major sweet-tooth...
it's nice with tea, you have to wait for the tea to cool down quite a bit first, otherwise the alcohol will evaporate and you'll just have horrible tea.

Alternatively, you could man up and get it down you.
Reply 12
Put skittles in it. :smile:
Reply 13
Make sure it's cool as possible first, mix with whatevers around.
Reply 14
A funnel.
Reply 15
If you do skittles it'll need straining & you'll only want one colour. Gummy sweets are good to dissolve in it... Or saturated sugar solution? :biggrin:
three choices:

a) get yo' bum moving, in yo' trackies, and buy yo'self some lemonade
b) man up, down it

my favourite option:

c) don't drink it.
Reply 17
down it down it down it :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by tehforum

And go to the shops in your trackies.

Err...nah. I have to see the people there most days, can't be having that.

Original post by Addzter
Obtain Russian citizenship.

This idea intrigues me. Once I get a bit more down me I shall look into it.

Original post by Planar
Just down it. All of it. Right now.

But don't die.

That's another vote for MtFU, looking like we're going to have a winner.

Original post by Gogs93
suck a lemon/lime after eassyyyy :biggrin:

I'm suspicious of this plan, if I'm honest.

Original post by Tommyjw
Well, it is vodka, so i'm sure even flat coke mixed in would taste better, so trying everything & anything might help.

Or, if you have lots of time, make them in to jelly shots ;D

Now there's an idea....

Original post by smileybop
you don't 'need' to.
Grow up.

I really do.

Original post by eddy_94
put it in the freezer for an hour.

then, strawpedo.

:lolwut: I'm in work Monday, I need to be alive at the end of this.

Original post by Delta_Aitch
Don't breathe as you take the shot and then follow it with something very, very sweet. When I didn't have time to pre-drink, I would down vodka shots and chase with undiluted squash.

It's not the best and it's pretty grim, either way - but it's the easiest way to take vodka shots, I find. At least until you're drunk enough to not notice the varnish-y taste anymore.

Plus I have a major sweet-tooth...

I have concentrate actually, good idea. Thanks.

Original post by seanfromtheblock
it's nice with tea, you have to wait for the tea to cool down quite a bit first, otherwise the alcohol will evaporate and you'll just have horrible tea.

Alternatively, you could man up and get it down you.

Alcoholic tea. The Britishness inherent in this plan appeals to me. Milk or no milk?

Quick Reply

Latest