Watch
This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by The_Barman)
Hello all....howz everyone today then???
fine fine.....getting ready for school!
The_Barman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
fine fine.....getting ready for school!
Getting ready for school!!!! What time do you go to school???
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
in 10 or 20 yrs britain will be have got so bad and so low down it wil be comin out in austrailia! i can see this country becomin like a third world country
you really dont have a clue do you?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kita)
I thik its so that if anyone goes and declares war on us, then america will back us up
We'll wait and see. But who is going to declare war on us that we will struggle against? The main countries are either too poor, have bad equipment or are actually allies. This has been a problem with us, having close ties with America. This was one of the reasons why France vetoed us in joining the EEC as it was then, even though everyone else wanted Britain to join. It's a shame we didn't join sooner because it might have more tailor made to want we like, but we remained sceptical, and still are, but that's udnerstandable.

(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
so many brits have died through friendly fire... from america!!!! for me it seems safer to fight on our own!!
From what I've been told it's because the British troops that remained in the Middle East after the Gulf War, have adapted better. It is a shame on these 'friendly' fires. But when you join up with the army, you can't complain about the justification of the war etc, you sign up and you're there to fight on command, not when it suits you.

(Original post by Eternal Idol)
...and saved your ass from Germany ... maybe that's why they don't respect you ...

By the way I'm against American policies everytime.
I think Britain would have handled them on their own. I'm not great with history, but I did hear that the Germans were getting into nuclear. So it was a race on who would use it first. Although there were a lot of British involvement with the nuclear bombs during the Second World War, it was them who deployed them on Japan. Spain should be thankful that they're not situated as close to Germany as France is, you would have crumbled probably more than the French did.

It's difficult to say if Britain could have managed the Second World War, because we would never really know. My opinion is that they would against Germany, but with Japan being involved that would be problematic. But then again, when Japan started to invade SE Asia, if they continued any more than they did may be China would have fought against them?

we would back you up.....plus, america and britan are very close allies. right now we're calling on you for help, but remember WW11? when our soldiers came to help you even though we werent offically involved yet? thousands of our men died over in europe before we were involved.....
Wasn't that because something involving your president (Roosevelt?) who wanted to send troops over etc but Congress didn't allow it, until Pearl Harbor got bombed by the Japanese? What if Britain joined Germany and conquered all of Europe? Where next? America? Not that we would, just a thought.

well, not eternally in our debt but lets see......you've had maybe 400 men die in iraq, we had about 3.000 die in ENGLAND before WW2 even STARTED for us!
What about all the events in between? I do not study history but from what I gather from politics is that we were involved with the USA in the Korean War. Is this correct?

really? thats exactly why america wanted our independance in the first place, you treated us as second class citizens.

we dont treat you as if your lower! GET A LIFE! if a british person were to come to an american highschool you would automayically be popular.....
Britain probably did treat you poorly, but I can't see why Britain should still have to face with that burden. Okay, it's in the past but countries change. I consider one of my closest allies as Germany, yet were sworn enemies over 50 years ago.

What about your own citizens within? Like the native Americans? Many countries have treated others like this in the past and it's not just between Britain and America. Look at China and Russia. I don't understand why you would become popular, I did hear about that accent stuff. But it has to be more than that?

ALWAYS been respect from you? why do you think we wanted independence? how about right after we had gotten it in 1812 and you BReAK THE TREATY?
What provisions were broken? Sorry am not good with history.

in 10 or 20 yrs britain will be have got so bad and so low down it wil be comin out in austrailia! i can see this country becomin like a third world country
Don't know if that is meant to be a joke. Seriously, if all goes well I think Britain would become more powerful, main reason is because of the ever expanding membership of the EU. If the EU was one big country, then it would probably be even more powerful, but fact is that it's not going to be a superstate, despite how much the Commission advocates it.

what about the treaties you've broken to us eh?

and how is our government not treating the britans with respect?

and may i remind you, we are the superpower in this problem.
I've not known any single country that has signed a treaty to keep to it, not even Switzerland. With the government, may be she was on about that contract negotiations that took place? Yes you are the superpower but don't gloat for it too long. The world has seen many superpowers rise and fall, including the USSR and Britain. But sometimes it's not always about how much gunfire and money you have, it's more to do with effiency. There was something I read in The Times at college about how the British troops have handled the territories differently to America. Saw some Iraqi kid in front of the British soldiers who are sitting on the tank. Only glanced at it as I had a lesson so soon.

I think a lot of what people think on this, the media has a lot to do with it and it doesn't help having our own prime minister as a puppet to your president. But this is not the first time it's happened. Apparently Margeret Thatcher had good relations with Reagan (was it?) and I was told that annoyed the Americans. I assume that Winston Churchill also had good relations with Roosevelt.

Think that's enough typing for now.
bluerain
Report 16 years ago
British listens American.

thats all we could see for ages .
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why do you think that? Our economy is the 4th largest in the world, we have some of the strongest technological advances in the world being made here... that just seems like a really ignorant thing to say.

y cant each country just respect the other countries and get on with their own lifes!!!!
Becuase when one country tortures their own people, breaks UN resolutions, invades other countries, has been reported to be trying to produce nuclear bombs, how can you possibly justify "leaving them to get on with their own lives"?
lotrobsessed524
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if it was vice versa i doubt america would do that for us! blair is a ****
dont say it like we as americans have a chice some of us really are good people and even if we vote our choices dont always go threw and i my self (as an american) hate this war and want it over with 2
Adhsur
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Yes, I am totally fed up with people starting anti-America threads.
Hear hear :mad:
lotrobsessed524
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Hear hear :mad:
I completley agree
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (62)
19.38%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.06%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.44%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.88%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.56%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.06%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.75%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.5%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads